Why was Qui-Gon Jinn, NOT in Revenge of the sith?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason why Qui-Gon didn't disappear is because he didn't give himself up to the force, he will fighting ad was killed. The same happened in the Legacy of the Force Novel Series. After the character was killed in battle, THEN their body became one with the force. Not at the time of death.

The reason why he wasn't in is: where would he go? You don't want him in it before Yoda tells Obi at the end, that would destroy the reveal and the power of the scene would be lost. And there's enough wrapping up/setting up going on without adding Qui-Gon after that scene. No, dramatically speaking, Qui-Gon doesn't belong in that film.

The real question should be, why doesn't Qui-Gon appear in the curtain call of ghosts in Return of the Jedi. Would give a new meaning to the film's name too.

I firmly believe that Qui-Gon should never be in ROTJ. When I grew up watching the OT, I always assumed that you only ever see Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin as spirits because those are who Luke knew and the only Jedi that revealed themselves as spirits. Qui-Gon had absolutely nothing to do with Luke so his inclusion would just not make any sense.

The real question should be, why doesn't Qui-Gon appear in the curtain call of ghosts in Return of the Jedi. Would give a new meaning to the film's name too.

I would have really loved that. But Luke would have no idea who he was.

That what I think too, but he didn't know what young Anakin looked like either. All he saw was that pasty old dude.

Well, prior to Lucas' change, Luke did know who he was looking at. Shaw scarred behind the mask looked close enough to clean, haired Shaw as Anakin's spirit. If Hayden's face were in the reveal moment as well as the spirit, then it would still fit, though I would personally assassinate Lucas if he did that.

Well, prior to Lucas' change, Luke did know who he was looking at. Shaw scarred behind the mask looked close enough to clean, haired Shaw as Anakin's spirit. If Hayden's face were in the reveal moment as well as the spirit, then it would still fit, though I would personally assassinate Lucas if he did that.

Yeah, the original version he knew but I did mean the "current" version with young Anakin at the end. And if Lucas ever changed that pale old guy to Hayden I would be pissed too.

I firmly believe that Qui-Gon should never be in ROTJ. When I grew up watching the OT, I always assumed that you only ever see Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin as spirits because those are who Luke knew and the only Jedi that revealed themselves as spirits. Qui-Gon had absolutely nothing to do with Luke so his inclusion would just not make any sense.

Thats why it makes sense to have Quigon appear AFTER Luke has already turned away to rejoin the others: his appearance would be for the audience.

Thats why it makes sense to have Quigon appear AFTER Luke has already turned away to rejoin the others: his appearance would be for the audience.

Interesting. That I could be ok with. So once Luke turns his back to rejoin the rebels, Qui-Gon appears to celebrate with his friends?

The reason why he wasn't in is: where would he go? You don't want him in it before Yoda tells Obi at the end, that would destroy the reveal and the power of the scene would be lost.

The power of that scene would be lost (although I personally didn't feel there was much power to it in the first place), but I think having Qui-Gon speak to Yoda, as he does in the novelization, and in the script, would be even more powerful of a scene.

I too like the idea of Qui appearing along with Ani, Obi, and Yodi just after Luke turns away.

Qui-Gon shouldn't be at the end of ROTJ. It doesn't make any sense for that at all and there's nothing to tie it in. Yes, he's one with the force but Luke didn't know him as has been mentioned. I do think Lucas should go back in and put him in the scene talking with Yoda. I liked that part of the ROTS novel. I do like Anakin being at the end of ROTJ since that's the last time Anakin was truly good.

Out of the entire Jedi order Qui Gon was right, but no one wanted to believe him. "OOh he's a maverick! He's too reckless!!" HA!
He listened to the living Force, kept his attention on the moment and let the Force guide him instead of interpreting the Unifying Force.
He deserves a ghostly image.

Out of the entire Jedi order Qui Gon was right, but no one wanted to believe him. "OOh he's a maverick! He's too reckless!!" HA!
He listened to the living Force, kept his attention on the moment and let the Force guide him instead of interpreting the Unifying Force.
He deserves a ghostly image.

Took the words strait from my mouth. :rock

Being the least clueless member of the jedi order ain't anything to brag about. That bunch couldn't find their own lightsabers with both hands and a map.

Back