Why so many poorly trained police officers when dealing with dogs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Start that thread then. People will express horror and disgust accordingly as they should. Meanwhile, in this thread they'll talk about the subject at hand.

I really hope he does start that thread so I can see first hand just how retarded my outrage is in comparison to his own lofty concerns.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about ...... watching Cops does not make you a subject matter expert. You might want to do your own research before jumping to conclusions. If you think there is an abundance of animal control officers or one should be present at all times doing yard searches you are mistaken. Seriously ..... a animal control officer conducting yard searches , animal control officers do NOT have police jurisdiction in most cases as they are a separate entity/agency entirely.

I agree with Crow though .... the outrage over a dog being killed is retarded. A thread was created entirely for this ONE case ....... A child was cooked to death by his parents this past weekend, I don't see a thread for that.... and yeah that is a little disturbing.

Didn't take long for the patronising, 'close-up ranks with Police colleagues' mode to kick in.

You might want to take your own advice about 'research before jumping to conclusions'.. there was an Animal control officer available, because it was that Department that called the owner and that Department which had an officer and vehicle already on site, when the owner returned home.. you sure as s***, don't need an Animal control officer on-site, for a stone dead mutt.

Having three Police officers to act as each other's witness (having conveniently had the shooter called away) when the distraught owner gets home, is pretty dang interesting too.. although clearly a waste of tax payer's dollars.
Shame those three officers and their trigger happy colleague couldn't find a three year old boy asleep in his own home eh?.. then the dog would still be alive.

Most adults can deal with a variety of issues at once, so claiming that because other bad things happened around the USA recently, therefore this isn't important, is transparent hand waving..particularly if you didn't think that subject was important enough for discussion in a thread, right up until a police officer shooting a dog on private property, started getting discussed.

On the basis of the attempted justifications given for this incident, it would be 'legal' for police officers to have worked their way down the road, trespassing on every backyard.. and in every residence containing a dog with the owner away at work, to have shot any dog that barked aggressively at the intruder.
I hope that officer gets his hide nailed to the wall, as a warning to others with a paramilitary mindset.. that dog was private property, on private property.. and imho there is no excuse for what the officer did.

Can't believe what I'm reading.

This guy's beloved dog was just shot in the head for no reason and he is at fault for being slightly emotional to the police? He was far calmer and more restrained than I would have been.

How can any sane individual defend the police officer in this case?

I care for my dog more than some of my family. If someone actually trespassed on my property and shot him in the head because he growled/barked at them for tresspassing...I would lose it.

Disgusting that certain people view dogs as no more important than whatever new SS PF has gone up for pre-order.
A dog is the most loyal friend you would have. He would give his life to protect yours. You can't buy that kind of loyalty. Anyone with no regard for the life of such a creature has absolutely no honor.

I only mean that the chance of any individual having their dog shot by an officer must be pretty minute. Circumstances have to unfold in a certain way for it to happen in the first place, and in that respect, it seems to me random. Anyway, if the outcry leads to better training and less dogs shot, great. I just didn't care for the way this particular guy handled it.

the problem here is the officer barely got any repercussions from his STUPID actions. give him a PASS? bollocks.

i remember marcus luttrel, the lone survivor navy seal. his dog was murdered in his property, and gave chase for a couple of minutes til the cops cornered the lowlifes. those scumbags got prison time.
i see no difference from this officer's actions. does his uniform absolve from his stupid action, **** i hope not.

Start that thread then. People will express horror and disgust accordingly as they should. Meanwhile, in this thread they'll talk about the subject at hand.
Excellently put. :lecture

I really hope he does start that thread so I can see first hand just how retarded my outrage is in comparison to his own lofty concerns.

You're blowing this out of all proportion. Heaps of innocent people were killed in World War Two. And you care about a dog? You must hate all cops.
:lol

How dare I waste all this time grieving the loss of a family member when my neighbor just lost two family members.

It's the impending police state. These incidents are happening everywhere on a daily basis. Jaywalkers getting slammed on the ground.

Our masters are tightening the leashes.

It's the impending police state. These incidents are happening everywhere on a daily basis. Jaywalkers getting slammed on the ground.

Our masters are tightening the leashes.

you're correct, but here, on this board......please expect to be called a member of the tin foil hat club.

what...what.:monkey3

i feel angry every time i enter this thread. it was nice getting a lolz for a second there. standing down.

I dont think there is any kind of conspiracy but cops do seem to be getting more aggressive and overreact for EVERYTHING.

Even the smallest things are becoming a huge deal for them, tasing and arresting people now for just Littering or jaywalking............

https://www.cnn.com/2014/06/30/justice/arizona-jaywalking-arrest/

yeah,there is definitely a problem with abuse and cops lately. that's just a fact

It's always been there. You just had to be the right kind of person to know about it.

More people now. More incidents. More press. Hard to say if it's any worse per capita.

The funny part is if you kill their dog you get arrested for killing an officer. They give a dog human status just because they trained them. You can go to jail for life for killing officer Barkley but if they kill yours they're like "too bad". I hate every cop i encounter. I'm sure police have accounts on this forum. Please cry to me, please. Please try and justify why your dog is better than ours. I dont wanna hear because the law says so.

The funny part is if you kill their dog you get arrested for killing an officer. They give a dog human status just because they trained them. You can go to jail for life for killing officer Barkley but if they kill yours they're like "too bad". I hate every cop i encounter. I'm sure police have accounts on this forum. Please cry to me, please. Please try and justify why your dog is better than ours. I dont wanna hear because the law says so.

Thats a good point, hadn't thought of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back