Why online gaming is almost no fun anymore

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lame.jpg

What gets me is HOW in the world does doing this make you feel like you're "good"? I know it's mostly a bunch of teenaged idiots who do this crap for the most part, but seriously, how can you feel like you "won" by doing this crap? It's a sad commentary on people today who act like this and act like they are doing nothing wrong by cheating people. some of these kids will have a hard time dealing with real life when they can't cheat their way out of a real problem.

This garbage makes me see red when I am trying to play a game and people do this.

Why anyone would want to pay public matches anymore is a mystery to me.

Well, I like to because we don't always have a big enough group for private and killing bots all the time gets boring. I like public matches because it's playing people who play different styles, but OMG the number of people doing this makes it impossible anymore.

sooo am i the only person who doesn't really care about this??? they are the cheating POS doing the tricks. hmm.... this is almost as bad as camping.

sooo am i the only person who doesn't really care about this??? they are the cheating POS doing the tricks. hmm.... this is almost as bad as camping.

I care because it makes it impossible to play the game. I mean where is the fun in getting killed over and over by lag switchers because you can't properly play the game. It's running wild on Gears 2 right now and I'd like to be able to play the game.

I hope that they find a way to combat it. Hell if you have a drop in your connection then you get booted would do the trick.

How can you think camping is worse then this. I get campers are annoying but they are not cheating. This is flat out cheating.

Yea this, glitching, camping and pissy foul mouthed little kids really screw up the whole online gaming experience

I love playing public matches...not the crap that is matchmaking that is in GOW 2....back in GOW1, I rarely had issues and when I did, I just jumped into another game...you made friends that way, and I played a lot more private matches than I do now...

I love GOW 1 MP; GOW2 with matchmaking is a total chore. Because of that, MP is less fun

So does using lag switches affect games other than Gears of War? Does it allow cheating for other online games too? I hope not.

I just now learned of this. ^^^^ing cheaters! :monkey4

What the ^^^^ is a lag switch?

Just an electrical switch. They flip it on and it cuts the internet connection, allowing them to basically teleport. They can keep moving on their system but game doesn't register then when they switch it off they appear where ever they moved to.

Only problem is someone who has bad connection cough nick could get kicked if they dropped some packets and appeared to have an lag switch.

Damnit, you caught me. I don't have a crappy connection, I'm just using a lag switch. I like to keep my ratio 1:1, as to not fool you all.

So does using lag switches affect games other than Gears of War? Does it allow cheating for other online games too? I hope not.

I just now learned of this. ^^^^ing cheaters! :monkey4

Will work pretty much in any game with varying effectiveness. It all depends on how the game handles a loss of connection.

i don't understand where the "fun" is by doing this... its like starting a race with a head start... crossing the finish line first isnt really winning.

i don't understand where the "fun" is by doing this... its like starting a race with a head start... crossing the finish line first isnt really winning.
I would say just take a look at society and you can see the answer. Being on top is all that matters.

Back