Why no LOTR 1:1 busts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the Doctor

Just a little Freaky
Reaction score
i've been wondering why LOTR fans are not gettin any 1:1 busts?

is it because sideshow think the legendary scale busts are filling this need?

i for one want to see them being made,gandalf or a mouth of sauron would be my top choices.

anyone else here like to see or not? 1:1's and what would be your top choices?

i've been wondering why LOTR fans are not gettin any 1:1 busts?

is it because sideshow think the legendary scale busts are filling this need?

i for one want to see them being made,gandalf or a mouth of sauron would be my top choices.

anyone else here like to see or not? 1:1's and what would be your top choices?

Life-size busts are very expensive and very large. The average collect just doesn't have the room or money for a line of busts, but might pick up the odd one here or there. LOTR interest has fallen off since the movies ended and with the 12" line on hiatus and the PF line on life support, I can see why Sideshow might feel that 1:1 just won't sell well.

Life-size busts are very expensive and very large. The average collect just doesn't have the room or money for a line of busts, but might pick up the odd one here or there. LOTR interest has fallen off since the movies ended and with the 12" line on hiatus and the PF line on life support, I can see why Sideshow might feel that 1:1 just won't sell well.

i get what your saying but even the marvel 1:1's are few and far between,i dont expect a line of them just one pop up once in a blue moon would be good!

also a 1:1 would be in a different league,no one has done one? or at least not of the quality ss is known for i'm sure there would be enough collectors to sell out a reasonable edition size.

even the classic monster collectors get spoilt with 1:1's!:duh

it doesn't make sense to me:D

I wish, though I would only want a select few Weta beasties.

no wonder sideshow haven't done a 1:1 bust yet:rotfl

...and i still want one,shame about the rest of you:lol

I think maybe SS doesn't have permission to do 1:1 Busts. Regardless I'm not much of a bust collector so I probably wouldn't get any, even though they would probably look great.

What was the last L.S. bust from the LOTR line? Was it Aragorn?

Yeah, the L.S. bust line definitely has slowed down. Was Aragorn well received?

There's probably not enough interest in a 1:1 line because the LSB line isn't even moving very fast. Or maybe they just don't have a license for 1:1 busts.

If they can't sell out that Balrog LSB then I don't see what hope any regular bust would have. That is basically a signature piece for a LOTR collection and it's sitting there at 1000 ES.

I wouldn't hold my breath on any 1:1 busts

The only LSB that I have is Gandalf, and he's great. I wouldn't have the space or funds for 1:1 LOTR pieces. I have the 1:1 Yoda bust and he'll be the only piece of that size in my collection.

I've seen a 1:1 scale Frodo, the paint job and likeness were mind blowing. If I find a pic I will post it up.

332848636.jpg

Here you go, only a handful were made by Elm Studios. Amazing likeness, this one was made into a 1:1 scale statue.

Back