Why no LOTR 1:1 busts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wow!!! When I first saw that I thought it was an actual picture of Elijah. Are you sure it's a statue and not a picture? :lol That's just simply amazing!!

It's an awesome piece, would love to have picked one up at the time but damn short of money. The guy that did this is amazing, so come on sideshow time to step up!! :D

Time for Sideshow to hire this guy!! Honestly there is so much talent out there just begging to be hired by these big companies!

It was around $500 I think for a raw bust, looking at well over $1000 for a finished bust. Damn sweet piece to have in your collection though. :drool

So it's an actual life size bust and not a full size statue? Even for that stunning of a likeness, I think $1000 is just too much in my opinion.

how about a lurze or orc 1:1 ?

if they did just one to a high standard and an edition of no more than 500 i can see it selling no problemo...:D

Just wow!!! When I first saw that I thought it was an actual picture of Elijah. Are you sure it's a statue and not a picture? :lol That's just simply amazing!!

I don't really want to knock this piece, since it's very cool. But I never thought the likeness was THAT good. It looks like a real human, yes, but it actually doesn't look much like Elijah Wood to me.

332848636.jpg
frodo_sweet.jpg

Last edited:
I think it looks awesome.

As far as SS doing 1:1 bust. I hope they don't. I think they milked the line. From 12 inch, PF, LS, dioramas, its just too much.

I don't really want to knock this piece, since it's very cool. But I never thought the likeness was THAT good. It looks like a real human, yes, but it actually doesn't look much like Elijah Wood to me.

332848636.jpg
frodo_sweet.jpg

yes,its miles away from being a good likeness!!

hapefully sideshow if doing a 1:1 will stear clear of frodo and go for a bad guy!

if sideshow missed the target like that frodo then they shouldn't do lotr life size busts.

i am still praying sideshow can find a skulptor better than the Don bust!?

332848636.jpg
frodo_sweet.jpg

it looks like he's a rocker from some 80's hair band.:lol
this is the reason i generally tend to stay away from human characters, it's just so hard to get them right on.:(

one of the few i seen lately that ssc nailed right on though, is the anakin pf, he looks damn good, and of course aragorn is pretty close.
but it seems with most of the others there's always something just not quite right about them.

I don't need your glasses, thanks.

Seriously, you think that looks exactly like Elijah Wood?

I think if it was at a different angle and the bad, and you got rid of this:

deluxe-mullet-wig_370_370_86.jpg

If the cheesy 80's mullet wig were actually a more accurate mop, you'd see it better. I think that's what's mainly throwing it off. And your comment was:

but it actually doesn't look much like Elijah Wood to me.

While I don't think it looks "exactly" like Wood, I can definitely see him in it.

The main hangup is the forehead (or fivehead in this case) area, but it think it looks incredible.

Back