Why no LOTR 1:1 busts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO I think that bust is 100% Elijah. You can see clearly that it is based on Frodo after fellowship because the weight of the ring has clearly enveloped him physically and mentally. I think the sculptor did a phenominal job!

IMO I think that bust is 100% Elijah. You can see clearly that it is based on Frodo after fellowship because the weight of the ring has clearly enveloped him physically and mentally. I think the sculptor did a phenominal job!
Thank you very much, Ringer!

That is exactly what I was just about to post.
There is no way you can compare Happy-Go-Lucky Shire Hobbit Frodo to I'm-On-My-Way-To-Hell-With-The-World-On-My-Shoulders Mordor Frodo.

And Elijah, PJ's make-up team and this artist clearly capture the transformation.

*ahem*

IMHO, of course. :D

Maybe this is better?

frodo_comparison.jpg

Again, I'm not knocking it. It's VERY well done and a much better likeness than you get with most busts. But to say that it's 100% dead on just doesn't seem right to me. I think it's the eyes -- they don't seem quite big enough. Of course we only have this one picture of it. We all know how sculpts can change depending on the viewing angle.

Ironically, when you do such a good job with a piece like this, it's the very small details that end up jumping out at you (or me, anyway).

LOL

I found this pic:

Lijah.jpg

And yeah- we should all know by now that pictures generally do not do a piece justice.
And that 1 pic of a sculpt from 1 angle is never a good way to judge anyway.

And let's not forget how extremely expressive Elijah is...

Last edited:
I think that piece is mindblowing. I've seen licensed piece get miles away from Elijah. As for 1:1 busts, I'd be interested to see who they came out with but a 1:1 Mouth of Sauron or Witch King would be too tempting to pass up.

A 1:1 MoS would be an excellent piece to put above the fire to keep the kids away from it, or maybe place in the bathroom to relieve constipation!!! :rotfl

It would definately have to be a villain only line up as 'human' 1:1 is too hit and miss (imo). Gothmog would be a great candidate alongside MoS

Wow, was expecting to spark such a debate with this piece! :lol Personally I think this is an awesome piece and one of the best, if not the best LOTR bust. The likeness is very much there IMO, taking away all the clothing, etc I would still know who it was.

There were very few of these made, I believe it was around 6 pieces so props to whoever managed to score one of these.

I'm gutted I missed out on one, I really wanted him to do some of the other characters aswell but I don't believe he did.

Thank you very much, Ringer!

That is exactly what I was just about to post.
There is no way you can compare Happy-Go-Lucky Shire Hobbit Frodo to I'm-On-My-Way-To-Hell-With-The-World-On-My-Shoulders Mordor Frodo.

And Elijah, PJ's make-up team and this artist clearly capture the transformation.

*ahem*

IMHO, of course. :D

:lecture...........................................................

Back