Media Who's the best protagonist of the Metal Gear series? (Contains Spoilers!!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, who is it?

• Total voters
I think so too, even though I have more love for MGS1. MGS2 was the only true thought provoking game of the series. Without MGS2, we would have the masterpiece that was MGRR either :lecture

I think so too, even though I have more love for MGS1. MGS2 was the only true thought provoking game of the series. Without MGS2, we would have the masterpiece that was MGRR either :lecture

I love both equally and to me MGS1 is the perfect game, whilst MGS2 was more of a work of art than a game. I love it that whenever I visit places like GameFaqs, MGS2 and Rising are the most trashed Metal Gear games of all. Well, to each his own so enjoy your Venom Snake!

With all this Konami BS going on, there's still a chance of a MGR sequel. I'm confident it will work without Kojima.

I love both equally and to me MGS1 is the perfect game, whilst MGS2 was more of a work of art than a game. I love it that whenever I visit places like GameFaqs, MGS2 and Rising are the most trashed Metal Gear games of all. Well, to each his own so enjoy your Venom Snake!

With all this Konami BS going on, there's still a chance of a MGR sequel. I'm confident it will work without Kojima.

I thought you had inside knowledge of a sequel?

It WAS in development, that much I can say. But it seems to have been halted or kept buried. My guess? They're waiting for Kojima's departure before announcing Rising 2.

From how things look, Konami is going full steam ahead with mobile... I wonder if they'll keep their word and continue console games to a degree... but who knows.

From how things look, Konami is going full steam ahead with mobile... I wonder if they'll keep their word and continue console games to a degree... but who knows.

Yeah, hence why it got buried. Last time I chatted I was told that no news came from Platinum nor Konami. What was the sales of MGR? Maybe if it did well enough, Konami would consider.

To me, all I want from Konami is MGR2, MGSHD, MGS4, and the Silent Hill collection on PS4, then we're done professionally. Oh, maybe a port of those old TMNT games too.

Yeah, hence why it got buried. Last time I chatted I was told that no news came from Platinum nor Konami. What was the sales of MGR? Maybe if it did well enough, Konami would consider.

To me, all I want from Konami is MGR2, MGSHD, MGS4, and the Silent Hill collection on PS4, then we're done professionally. Oh, maybe a port of those old TMNT games too.

Realistically, I think MGR getting ported to next gen is the only one that's likely.

Id triple dip and buy Rising on PS4 if it was ported. But id want some work done on it, new or better textures. I have the PC version and even with everything turned up its not super breath taking. And i get thats for prioritising frame rate and gameplay over the visuals but id still like a bit of work done here and there to bring a bit more life in to the streets. Maybe some more assets like vehicles, phone booths, trees ect.

... But above all give us Rising 2.

I'd want some extra of some kind in MGR as well, not sure what but perhaps some gameplay sequences that show Raiden rescuing Sunny in 4, something like that. If possible.

I think everyone knows by now that Big Boss is by far my favorite character of the series, and MGSPO-MGSV didn't influence that.

I know a lot of people dislike what was done to Solid Snake in MGS4, and I agree he was a weak protagonist in that game. I guess I just liked him more because I couldn't stand the speeches he had in MGS about love, genes, and fate, and I hate the mimicking of lines. It made him seem stupid to me just like Naomi was when she just got a long explanation from Snake about him killing his father (I was surprised fans didn't get upset by that Darth Vader reveal since it wasn't in MG2), and then she became shocked again that he committed patricide (Omg Snake, you killed you father? Yep. Here's how I killed him. .. Omg Snake, that's patricide!) At least she uses a different word when the exact same thing is said to her. I loved Solid Snake in MGS2, and the dialogue for him is gold....until that last speech, and that's probably why I always forget liking him in that game. As a kid, it was awesome! I previously praised it on this forum because I support giving great messages to kids. However, for myself as an adult, it's patronizing. My last impression of Solid Snake in MGS2 is that he's Captain Planet, and I have to watch earlier cutscenes on youtube to remember how much I liked him.

To be frank, most of what I like about the previous MG and MGS games are how they tie into Big Boss' story. What we learn about him in those games is why the ending of MGS3 hit me so hard, because I found it interesting to see how a humble soldier could transform into into the nut (I love fall from grace stories, which is why Godfather Part I and II are my favorite movies). I loved learning how charismatic Big was alongside Frank, Naomi, and Sniper Wolf, learning how he berated Liquid, learning from Psycho Mantis how he was crazy about conquest, and learning how valuable of a soldier he was to the government.

I love the idea behind Raiden as a proxy to the player, but I didn't enjoy most of his character when I tried to play the game last month. His dialogue is terrible, and while on paper the whole idea of him suppressing his past is great, the reveal was silly. I love the idea of him being tortured every night, but the conversation with Rose was terrible. I don't understand why the lousy dialogue in MGSV is so insufferable for a couple of you guys, but you were okay with it in MGS2. I

The hard thing about Venom Snake is that almost everything I like about him I attribute to Big Boss, in the same way almost everything I like about Ocelot in MGS4 to Liquid, and almost everything I like about Cloud in FFVII to Zack Fair. Well, maybe that's not fair to Cloud. He still had his own story, but he kind of got boring after the mental break down.

Snake wasn't a weak protagonist in MGS4, he was just given the **** end of the stick by Kojima. If anything, the game showed how much a tough son of a ***** he was, even at old age.

Snake wasn't a weak protagonist in MGS4, he was just given the **** end of the stick by Kojima. If anything, the game showed how much a tough son of a ***** he was, even at old age.
Yeah seriously, if it wasn't for that stupid 'old vs young' crap, I think the game would have been a lot better. But being able to manage with all of the weird **** in MGS4, I think does show how resilient he was, considering Snake's age did matter with rescuing Sunny if I recall.

Yeah seriously, if it wasn't for that stupid 'old vs young' crap, I think the game would have been a lot better. But being able to manage with all of the weird **** in MGS4, I think does show how resilient he was, considering Snake's age did matter with rescuing Sunny if I recall.

That's another thing, you constantly need to be reminded how goddamn old he is... yes we know, we have goddamn eyes!

While Venom Snake isn't my favorite Protagonist, like Kiva said, I do have an attachment to the character. After doing over 200 missions, and building motherbase with the guy it's hard not to feel some attachment.

He's probably my favorite Snake design wise though, the horn, fatigues with scarf, robot arm and pony tail are all badass to me. I even think he has the best sneaking suit in the series. Only thing I didn't like was that he didn't smoke a real cigar, but it's makes sense why he couldn't.

Wildman Mullet > Ponytail

Big Boss looked way better like that.

And yeah, why did Venom Vape? :lol

Back