Who lives in Australia?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's with all the pro killing of arsonists. There'll always be arsonists about, whether they catch these ones or not, and what can they do to them other than lock them up for life. What about the fires that started on their own accord. God did it, so lets round up a few priests and make them pay, after all they are his representatives on Earth. Blame and anger become useless endeavours.

Fire is a part of the renewal and rejuvenation process of Australia. Quite a number of plants here can only sprout when the intense heat from a bush fire triggers their seeds to open. The Aboriginals knew this and periodically set fire to the bush. It's us Europeans that come here, inhabit the terrain and defy it's power. You can't even cut down a tree without a permit and your neighbours approval.

Certainly it is a tragedy. One that can be predicted with so many indicators around us. Drought = no water and dry conditions, leading native trees to cast off leaves in an attempt to preserve moisture, which translates into dry combustible materials. Growing population increasing habitation of affected and prone areas. These areas were well overdue for a controlled burn off, but council restrictions halt that process under the guise of pollution. The economic factors are never ideal for spending money on preventative measures. In the end we pay the price regardless and that has meant lives.

The Country Fire Authority do a tremendous job, considering it is mostly volunteers. Individuals can set up generators pumps and water tanks but they'll do little in the face of a raging inferno. People have a choice of staying and fighting it or leaving. It's about time that choice was made for them and evacuation is the only choice. It's happened before with Black Friday, Ash Wednesday, and now Satin's Saturday and it will happen again. Communication is the key, but in the midst of these fire storms communication is one of the first casualties. Power goes out, water pressure fails and existing communications are overloaded and or fail. Most rural towns have one road in one road out, and when left too late these avenues of escape turn into death traps. No one knows what's going on and fire fighters only know they come in to reload and out again to fight on, and so they aren't able to advise you.

Despite numerous warnings another tragedy has happened. If it cannot be prevented, it can only be repeated. Lives can only be saved if the living are removed from the path of natures fury. Property will always be forfeit.

hows all my Aussie friends going? i Hope none of you's have been afected by the fires,

we have the opposite problem up here.. Flooding! I was up to my chest in the mane street on Sunday 2:00 AM

Im just so filled with empathy for all those people that have lost love ones ='(

hey who has facebook? let me know, i might start an Australian collectors club or Aussie SSF group on facebook, make it easy to keep in touch

What's with all the pro killing of arsonists. There'll always be arsonists about, whether they catch these ones or not, and what can they do to them other than lock them up for life. If it cannot be prevented, it can only be repeated. Lives can only be saved if the living are removed from the path of natures fury. Property will always be forfeit.

Whilst I agree with you bush fires are a part of living in Australia - some of these fires were started by Arsonists - which should never have happened. 'Whats with all the pro killing or arsonists' Well - they should be tried for mass murder or burned to death themselves. Maybe that may help to prevent tradegy on this level again.

I understand the anger and want for revenge, but it wont satisfy anyone because another arsonist will just come along. If not, then the build up of fuels will continue until mother nature eventually takes its course.

The worst hit places are known fire prone danger areas. I can't see suburban fire tactics such as, removing leaves from gutters and cleaning up around the place, combined with water tanks and generators, having a hope of working in the face of such ferocious fires. The amount of money and man power needed to reduce fuels has always been looked upon as ineffectual. These places aren't suited to residential living and imo should be legislated to become state forest. Making people live in appropriate places is going to be difficult if not impossible. An arsonist wouldn't be able to get his jollies if people weren't so stupid to begin with, but you can't legislate against stupidity, or so I've been told. You can't stop someone becoming an arsonist. All you can do is reduce the potential for arson to occur or succeed in such tragedy by removing the incentives. Many arsonists are firefighters themselves which makes this despicable crime even more insidious.

I know this is the worst possible time, but I thought I'd let you guys who ordered an IM bust know that they've arrived at PopCultcha's warehouse. Don't know how many ordered from there, but just thought I'd update it.
Nacho, I dunno if GG has gotten them yet. (They probably have. If not, soon, I'm guessing)

I'm absolutely stoked that they've finally arrived. I nearly ^^^^^ when I heard they weren't getting them until mid-year. Hopefully we all get a decent paint job on it.

Yeah thanks Tom. I'm no where near the devastation. It's mostly in the mountainous hills area about 20 kilometers from me. You can smell the smoke. I went through the Ash Wednesday fires in 1983 and I'm not living in them thar hills no more. I'm a flatlander now.

I just found out a friend of mine still has his house in the worst hit area. It's hard to get your head around how many people died because of the lack of warning and the speed it ripped through the terrain. Last count I heard there are 183 dead. The toll will rise as they sort through the burnt out buildings. A slow process because of the collapsed roof structures that cover the remains.

I know this is the worst possible time, but I thought I'd let you guys who ordered an IM bust know that they've arrived at PopCultcha's warehouse. Don't know how many ordered from there, but just thought I'd update it.
Nacho, I dunno if GG has gotten them yet. (They probably have. If not, soon, I'm guessing)

Hey Tuggs thanks for the update. GG were suppose to give me a call
this week as they were expecting them, still havn't heard squat.
If I don't get the call I'll drop in to see them this Saturday.
Does anyone else have one ordered through Global Gear???

Good news guys I just got the call from global gear.
I should have my Iron man bust betweem now and Monday
can't wait hope its one of the good one's..:joy:joy:joy

well, friday the 13th and my first bad luck
got into a car accdient and the end results is this............

DSC00102.jpg

Back