Who is the "Hot Toys" of model cars?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Autoart is the 'Hot Toys of model cars'

Amalgam is something else entirely!

Depending on scale, in 1/24 The Danbury Mint and The Franklin Mint are the best. CMC and GMP also have made some outstanding models. The 1/24 is referred to as precision diecast, all metal with photo etching, extreme detail with factory correct stickers on the trunk lid, hoses, air cleaner, etc. Check them out at diecast.org or jsssoftware.com

Her are a few of my cars:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 100
At one time, I had about 90 or so of these cars/trucks. I slimmed it down a bit to around 50. I love the Airstream. The top comes off, the canopy opens and closes, the stairs go up and down, the interior is complete with all working accessories including a fridge that opens and closes.

There were rumours of an Autoart Mad Max Interceptor going around a year ago, but it's been pretty quiet since then

Autoart has some great things, I'd love to see more 60's American stuff done to their lvl of detail. They have a '58 Vette that looks great and their Z cars are nice. If they did a Datsun 620 I'd have to get it. I used to have some Ertl 1:18 pieces that are now long gone but I really liked them.

1970-Plymouth-Road-Runner-Pork-Chop-Diecast-Car-1803106-6.JPG

I did find this '70 Plymouth RR Pork Chop.
My first Plymouth was a '70 RR (383), I almost feel I need to get this, :lol

autoart is the hot toys of model cars but i like what model car group and BOS are doing with their recent releases of 80's classic american cars.

Last edited:
Back