Who do you believe is the "best" Batman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you believe is the 'best' Batman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Christian Bale IS Batman to me when he is that suit.

While I still hear Conroy's voice in my head when I read a Batman comic, Bale conveys the look and mannerisms.

I like Batman mysterious, dark & edgy. Bale wins.

Well, for Christian Bale, he did provide the most believable performance as Batman on screen. But, really, that's what Christopher Nolan's films were going for from the beginning; exploring how Batman and Gotham's villains would act in the real world, versus the comic or movie fantasy scenarios, that we were so accustomed to in the pre-Nolan film era.

But, with that being said, Bale's Batman didn't really leave me with an impression that he was "mysterious, dark and edgy". Personally, I'd be more inclined to say something like that about Michael Keaton's Batman.

In any case, keep the discussions (and votes) coming, guys! I knew that Bale-man was going to take the lead in this, but I'm actually surprised that Kevin Conroy has gotten so many votes as he did! :clap

Christian Bale IS Batman to me when he is that suit.

While I still hear Conroy's voice in my head when I read a Batman comic, Bale conveys the look and mannerisms.

And that slight hint of a lisp that Batman has been missing all these years :exactly:

But, with that being said, Bale's Batman didn't really leave me with an impression that he was "mysterious, dark and edgy". Personally, I'd be more inclined to say something like that about Michael Keaton's Batman.

Exactly. Bales Batman isn't mysterious - everything was shown and explained! Theres no mystery left there. It was cool but... just saying. Plus 'dark and edgy'...yep thats Keaton's Batman.

I have really high hopes for Bale in this next film. I think he'll be able to actually fully become batman in this one.

But Keaton was totally the calm, confidentm ass-kicking batman from the start.

I'd like to see that level in TDKR.

batman31.jpg
Burton Batman never connected to me as a kid, and when I saw the Animated Batman at the theater, it felt so great. Because that was Batman. I know there are lots of Keaton Bats fans out there, and it was a good movie, but he's just not Batman. He didn't act like Batman (read: he mercilessly killed his enemies), he didn't fight like Batman, his Bruce Wayne was no Bruce Wayne we've ever seen before or since. . .Conroy > all others.

Burton Batman never connected to me as a kid, and when I saw the Animated Batman at the theater, it felt so great. Because that was Batman. I know there are lots of Keaton Bats fans out there, and it was a good movie, but he's just not Batman. He didn't act like Batman (read: he mercilessly killed his enemies), he didn't fight like Batman, his Bruce Wayne was no Bruce Wayne we've ever seen before or since. . .Conroy > all others.

I can see where you're coming from but I pretty much love the Keaton Batman equally along with Conroy and Bale. He most certainly is Batman to me, just a different interpretation of Batman.

Yeah, he kills, that's a common complaint but look at it this way. Batman killed a ____ ton when he was first created, he even carried a gun. He was a no-nonsense, pulp noir vigilante that had no problem with breaking necks, throwing helpless thugs into acid and even shooting people in cold blood. The Keaton Batman is the original 1930-1940s Batman. The character before the comic code authority took away the killing, guns and brightened up the character by putting him into zany situations. There are different Batmans so technically Keaton IS Batman, just not your Batman (which I'm guessing is the 70s/80s version correct?). I totally get that.

Also keep in mind that the Keaton Batman essentially has the morals and ethics the Bale and Conroy Batman have (i.e. no killing) up until the third act where he discovers that the Joker killed his parents. Then the gauntlets are thrown and he means business.

Bale Bruce essentially is the same way when he's about to kill Joe Chill, the man that killed his parents. The only thing that prevents it is someone else beat him to it. :lol

I liked Kilmer as Jim Morrison, er, I mean Batman/Bruce Wayne too. Not as much as Keaton, Bale or Conroy but I still dig it if I nostalgia for 1995. He's more "superheroic" and aloof than Keaton and Bale but there is something wooden about him. Still, much better than bobble headin' Clooney.

I remember being confused that Keaton wasn't going to be back, then I saw the Batman character poster and totally dug it.

val-kilmer-batman.jpg

Michael Keaton all the way. I don't think Bale was a very good Batman he was just put in a better Batman environment that made him appear to be better.

Back