Who actually liked 95' Batman Forever?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you like/enjoy Batman Forever?

• yes

Votes: 192 53.9%
  • no

Votes: 164 46.1%

• Total voters
but to say BF sucks, well then you must not have seen very many movies...

i think this board is filled with some very jaded and/or cynical "adults" who cant enjoy a good old fashioned action film like batman forever, or even the new indiana jones. if it doesnt have some kinda adult "theme" or loaded with blood and guts, suddenly it sucks? a movie geared more for kids that adults can also enjoy is a bad thing nowadays? yeesh. its not the film that is at fault, but the people on this board.

You don't see any of that and the way you are constantly talking down to people as insulting? Really?

That, combined with your response above, calling everyone 'haters' and so on says it all I suppose...

Oh well, as I said, whatever I guess.

I don't think the question should be "is Batman Forever a good film" or even, "is Batman Forever a bad film". No. I think the better question is, is Batman Forever, a film from 1995, worth fighting and arguing over?

You either like it or you don't. Who gives a ____.

It wasn't a bad movie by any means. However, I didn't like overthetop characterization of Two-Face, nor his casting choice. I do like Jones, but he wasn't fit for the role in my opinion.

Other than that, it was enjoyable, not too bad.

MOVIE WAS HORRIBLE !!! The only reason could watch was the actors in it are good actors but the story was bad very bad ..I usualy enjoy CARREY ,KILMER, KEITEL and even odonnel was decent but the whole story just way too kidsy ... the worst batmobile design ever created...

:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

I don't really remember the movie much and don't really want to watch it again, but I don't remember him being in it at all. :lol

Loved the movie when it came out. It was awesome.

I actually think the casting for this movie was extremely well done, it's just the whole cartoony, "appeal to the kids" approach that changed the way the characters were portrayed.

Kilmer was a great Wayne, was good at keeping that stoic, mystery vibe around him. He had this "brooding" sense around his Batman.

O'Donnell, good casting and actor... a solid Robin.

Carrey was great casting as Riddler, but once again, the movie approach wanted him to basically be his Mask/Ace Ventura-self AS The Riddler. That sort of made his the wacky villain.

Which then left a great actor in Tommy Lee Jones as a goofy Two-Face!!! He should've been more serious as a contrasting foil to Riddler's goofiness but as the movie wore on they made his just as goofy as Riddler.

I'll give credit to Joel Schmaucher for this. The scenes and vibrant costumes DID stand out and at the time, they were pretty cool. But as time wore on you could see his little flashes of homosexuality flamboyance all over the film, Bat-nipples, the butt shot, etc. and the direction of making it a corny "family-friendly" film really dampened the Dark Knight into the abomination that was "Batman & Robin".

Perfect post. Close thread.

I liked Kilmer and Odonnel. I hated two Face and didnt care for Riddler and all of the neon. It wasn't a horrible movie and I enjoyed it at the time. If its on TV I will usually stop and watch it for a bit.

It was my second fav behind 89 back then. I still have them ranked that way.

1. Batman
2. Batman Forever
3. Batman Returns
4. Batman and Robin.

It was an embarrassment to the batman franchise

HYPERBOLE1.png

When Tim Burton and Michael Keaton left that franchise of Batman movies from the 90's these movies went straight down the toilet. I remember being so disspointed when Schumacker took over the franchise. He had a horrible vision for Batman with nipples on the batsuit....shudder..... and dont even get me started on Batman and Robin. I'm sure some people may have some fond memories of films from when they were young and for me this wasnt one of them.

Last edited:
I was a 10 year old kid when it came out and wanted to see it really bad, but when my dad and I got to the theater, it was sold out. I ended up never seeing it.

It was fun. Are there things that piss me off? Yes. Was it still somewhat enjoyable? Yes. Same with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, it's not even close to being up to par with the rest of the Indy films, and there's tons of stuff that bugs the hell out of me, but it's still better than half the other bull____ they put out today.

I would even go on to say that Val Kilmer, at the time of Batman Forever, would've also been a solid Bruce Wayne/Batman in the Nolan franchise as well.

He just would've had to dye his hair dark. I didn't like seeing the semi-blonde Bruce Wayne. Kinda like the blonde James Bond that is Daniel Craig.

What's so bad and embarrassing about Batman Returns?

Its not that a bad film... just wierd and certainly not as good as the 89 film. I'll tell you this I'll take Batman Returns over Batman Forever anyday. I can't take the homoerotic flashes of Batcrotch, batnipples and Batbutts of Shumackers films.:slap

Back