Who actually liked 95' Batman Forever?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you like/enjoy Batman Forever?

• yes

Votes: 192 53.9%
  • no

Votes: 164 46.1%

• Total voters
I'm a huge fan of Bats but I gave up on it as soon as the batmobile was revealed 2 minutes in. The fan in me liked Robin finally introduced but that's about it. The day-glo sets would've worked if it was intentionally campy and released in 1985.

Recently Watched It On Tv And It Got To The Ridder Parts I Couldn't Handle It I Turned It Off.

I was actually surprised that Burton produced it; I always assumed he had no involvement... but maybe it was a sign of things to come.

Burton had no real involvement at all, it was basically just a 'courtesy credit' given to him as a payoff after they rejected his ideas for a third film, and the studio started down a very different path with the franchise. They still wanted to be in business with Burton, just no longer on Batman, so didn't want to risk alienating him. Thus he got a nice production credit for his work on developing a second sequel (that never happened, instead the studio going in the Schumacher direction) and a nice big cheque to go along with it, and everyone moved on. So basically it was the hollywood version of a payoff. That's also why he had no credit at all in Batman & Robin - which I'm sure he is likely rather thankful of. :lol

I remember seeing the preview for this movie. It had the Elfman music and made it seem like this movie would match the tone of the first two. And then I saw the film.

Needless to say, I'm not a fan. I didn't think it was horrible when I was in high school in my first viewing, but these days, I pretty much avoid it like the plague. Especially after Batman and Robin came out and nailed that particular incarnation of Batman securely in its coffin. Between Tommy Lee Jones' impression of Jack Nicholson's Joker, to the ugly Batmobile design, to the horrible extra in the movie's opening vault scene, to Jim Carrey's acting before he learned about subtlety, the only thing this movie has going for it is that's it's less bad than its sequel.

And that it has Batman in it. Because Batman is awesome.

I liked it better than Returns. Carrey was good. Two Face was too over-the-top. I liked Kilmer as Batman. I thought the Batmobile was terrible, though ... cool looking in theory, but way too flimsy-looking in reality.

SnakeDoc

I liked it better than Returns. Carrey was good. Two Face was too over-the-top. I liked Kilmer as Batman. I thought the Batmobile was terrible, though ... cool looking in theory, but way too flimsy-looking in reality.

SnakeDoc

I feel the same way, except for Carrey. Watching it now, it's just kind of obvious that this was a Jim Carrey movie at the height of his popularity and he was really just being the same character he was in every other movie he did then, which really wasn't The Riddler. Tommy Lee Jones is awesome, but I didn't dig his Two Face much at all.

I said in the Keaton thread that I thought Kilmer was actually a very worthy successor to Keaton, and had they taken the content seriously (which, had they done that, Keaton would have returned) Kilmer would've been an awesome Batman. I actually liked his Bruce Wayne more than Keaton's.

I remember when this movie came out everybody went ape____ over the Batmobile, and like SnakeDoc said, it's REALLY cool visually, but when you see Robin driving it and the fin is in the split position and it's wobbling all over the place, it really takes the piss out of it. I LOVED the toy when I was a kid though, the one that actually lit up. Awesome toy.

I actually just watched Forever the other day, and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. There are enough good elements (Kilmer, Michael Gough's Alfred is always a joy, Nicole Kidman at the peak of hotness in a fairly decent role . . . I was surprised at how much I preferred her character over Rachel in the Nolan films, who was always the weak part of that series and I'm glad she's dead) that make it very watchable.

Batman and Robin is next in my queue . . . been quite awhile since I ventured near that one. I'm not expecting to be so pleasantly surprised. B&R would be pretty fun as a comic-book fan's Rocky Horror Picture Show . . . throw crap around, make fun of the characters, etc etc :D

Hate it with the fiery passion of a thousand exploding suns.

Most people only hate stuff with like the fiery passion of a brief, overseas love affair with a stranger in a nightclub bathroom stall. But hate with the fiery passion of a thousand exploding suns!? That's awesome! :yess:

Most people only hate stuff with like the fiery passion of a brief, overseas love affair with a stranger in a nightclub bathroom stall. But hate with the fiery passion of a thousand exploding suns!? That's awesome! :yess:

Now that is awesome!

probably one of my favorite scenes

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KgHWRCOyG0&feature=related"]Why not both? - YouTube[/ame]

By sea? or by air

i guess it wasn't that bad of a movie....i liked it. i saw it in theaters prolly one of my first movies i saw in theaters too

Its a shame this good sequel spawned a bad one.
I still cannot believe Ahnuld was in that disastrous 4th fiasco.

If Hot Toys considers doing this version of figures, I cannot wait to see a Robin.

batman_forever_1995_5_posters.jpg

I actually liked Batman Forever when I was a kid, I was in love with Dr. Chase Meridian for a while. Batman Forever had the Best batcave made by Kenner.

Back