While you wait..............

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be wrong. I hardwired mine the other night that would cause it to undo the changes that we did wouldnt it?

If you set it back to DHCP for wired then yeah it could. I think we set a static IP address from the wireless so we could do the port forwarding.

285898028.png

Best I could find.

Different PS3 NAT Types and Meanings (Generalized)
  • NAT Type 1
    You are either NOT behind a router/firewall OR you have already DMZ enabled your PS3. Your PS3 is connected properly and you shouldn't run into any issues.​
  • NAT Type 2
    Your PS3 is connected to a router. Your PS3 is connected properly and you shouldn't run into any issues.​
  • NAT Type 3
    You are behind a router/firewall. While your PS3 may be able to connect to the PSN and perform downloads/updates other functions may not work as intended.​

Best I could find.

Different PS3 NAT Types and Meanings (Generalized)
  • NAT Type 1
    You are either NOT behind a router/firewall OR you have already DMZ enabled your PS3. Your PS3 is connected properly and you shouldn't run into any issues.​
  • NAT Type 2
    Your PS3 is connected to a router. Your PS3 is connected properly and you shouldn't run into any issues.​
  • NAT Type 3
    You are behind a router/firewall. While your PS3 may be able to connect to the PSN and perform downloads/updates other functions may not work as intended.​

LOL! How do I DMZ enable my PS3? :lol

LOL! How do I DMZ enable my PS3? :lol

You don't you would have to enable the DMZ on your router then set the IP of the PS3 as the DMZ server. I have done this on my PS3 and it didn't make a difference.

Yeah I need to get mine back to Nat 2 I went home and checked and both my wired and wireless are at Nat 3. Damn I thought I had the info saved from last time I might need some help with this again.

No he needs to forward the port to the PS3. Thats what I had to do with the PS# on my netgear router. I was able to get Open Nat for 360 using UPnP but had to open ports for PSN.

Wait isn't nat 2 the one you want.

What a bunch of ridiculous ^^^^. I mean seriously, how many joe public people know all this crap? I can get by on a computer and got my router working and all, but this kind of ^^^^ is just retarded. How about plug the ^^^^ing thing in and it works? What ever happened to that?

Oh and how is this. My ping looks good I think? :confused:

The ping doesn't really mean anything as far as speed. It is basiclly a number to show how far from you the test site is.

If I test off L.A. server I get

If I test off Fredrick MD server I get

What a bunch of ridiculous ^^^^. I mean seriously, how many joe public people know all this crap? I can get by on a computer and got my router working and all, but this kind of ^^^^ is just retarded. How about plug the ^^^^ing thing in and it works? What ever happened to that?

Well its not the PS3's fault really it due to the routers not handling the traffic correct. I

However I just checked and I don't have port forwarded on the router for PS3 the UPnP is working for both.

Well its not the PS3's fault really it due to the routers not handling the traffic correct. I

However I just checked and I don't have port forwarded on the router for PS3 the UPnP is working for both.

I don't mean it's Sony's fault. It all of thse ^^^^ing computer geeks faults.

"Oh did you check the path of DJSKJslkjnglksJDj1894t87disjhdnq45q3j setting??????? No? Are you an idiot??? You have reroute the hfwkjb3(*AJ#NENB@IUG%RB F to the LKJRBB#*DFN port first moron!!!"

^^^^ computers

lol while i waited for my 360 to be repaired i bought a ps3 beat mgs4 all before getting my box back and finding out that they had switched my good power cord with a bad one. come to think of it it took about as long as some of the ps3 updates:rotfl but in all seriousness both have issues that im willing to deal with.

My static settings should still be saved on my router right. All I should have to do is set up my PS3 for it again right.

"Oh did you check the path of DJSKJslkjnglksJDj1894t87disjhdnq45q3j setting??????? No? Are you an idiot??? You have reroute the hfwkjb3(*AJ#NENB@IUG%RB F to the LKJRBB#*DFN port first moron!!!"

^^^^ computers

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Wait I think I am included in the rant:monkey2

^^^^ computers

My BLT drive just went AWOL.

-Hackers

My static settings should still be saved on my router right. All I should have to do is set up my PS3 for it again right.

The easiest way to do it is this:

Go to your PS3, and go to Network Settings.

Under network settings, check out your connection type/settings.

You will see your PS3's IP address. Write down that IP or have it ready.

Go to your router's IP address via your internet address bar.

When in the router via the internet, find DMZ (or if it says NAT settings, go there)

There should be a check box and some kind of text that resembles this... "Allow this computer to be outside of the NAT firewall..." or something like that. Type in the IP address of your PS3 in that spot, and check the checkbox (if there is one) to allow it. Then click on save to save the settings (or Ok, whatever your router has listed).

Then, do a connection test on your PS3. It should say NAT 2.

Thanks Bagels I have a DSL wireless seamans speedstream 6520 router I am about to go home for lunch. Funny thing is I was playing and talking to you and Ill both with these settings the other night.

Thanks Bagels I have a DSL wireless seamans speedstream 6520 router I am about to go home for lunch. Funny thing is I was playing and talking to you and Ill both with these settings the other night.

Which is acceptable, but could cause connection issues down the road.

No problem man. I'll PM you my number, call me if you need any help.

Back