Which order should new fans experience Star Wars?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUT WHERE WAS IT FROM?!?!?! :lol

I spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time online last night/this morning researching the hell out of it and came to the conclusion that it must've been some publication, fanzine, etc., that was so random and common, it was tossed rather than saved. :monkey2

LOL, I remember this statement as well, and could never remember where I read it!:gah:

It bridges perfectly with the Blockade Runner in ROTS. The gritty look of things can be chocked up to it being a different time. nineteen years of Imperial oppression can be blamed.

Tatooine is far from the center of the galaxy, and there is no way Vader would ever step even one foot on that planet... And, besides a few key people, no one knows that Vader is Anakin.

Huh? Where does that come form?

James Keegstra claimed the holocaust was a hoax...

Looking back I realized that my comment about Liam Neeson playing Obi wan and Ewan Mc Gregor playing Anakin probably didn't appear to make any sense. What I meant was that I have always thought that those two were mis cast. IMO Liam should have been obi wan and Ewan should have been Anakin. Liam Neeson was one of the best things about Episode I and it would have been nice to have him in all three movies. Ewan Macgregor was great (don't get me wrong) but he's just too young. I've always seen that as a missed opportunity.

I think comparing ignoring movie continuity to denying the holocaust is pretty ____ing melodramatic btw. I mean come on.

Looking back I realized that my comment about Liam Neeson playing Obi wan and Ewan Mc Gregor playing Anakin probably didn't appear to make any sense. What I meant was that I have always thought that those two were mis cast. IMO Liam should have been obi wan and Ewan should have been Anakin. Liam Neeson was one of the best things about Episode I and it would have been nice to have him in all three movies. Ewan Macgregor was great (don't get me wrong) but he's just too young. I've always seen that as a missed opportunity.

I think comparing ignoring movie continuity to denying the holocaust is pretty ____ing melodramatic btw. I mean come on.

Couldn't disagree more. Macgregor's casting as Obi Wan was one of the PT's saving graces. The job he did as Obi Wan was phenomenal and perfectly married that character to Guinness' OT Obi.

"Darth Vader betrayed and murdered the pilot Skywalker. Obi-Wan opposed Vader, and at the end of a fierce light saber duel, drove Vader into the molten lava of an active volcano. Vader survived, but his body was ruined, and he must wear an omnious black breathing mask that also hides his disfigured face. A powered exo-skeleton added a foot to his height and tremendous strength to the crippled limbs."

Pg 26, "Speculation Concerning the Future History of the Continuing Star Wars Saga." Fantastic Films #20 - December, 1980

Great find! That might be it but I could've sworn it was earlier than 1980. That speculation might've come from the same source we originally heard it from? :huh

Great find! That might be it but I could've sworn it was earlier than 1980. That speculation might've come from the same source we originally heard it from? :huh

Wow, you guys are really quick on the uptake. :lol

Once again, ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE. August 25th, 1977 George Lucas interview. Google it.

"It's about Ben and Luke's father and Vader when they are young Jedi knights. But Vader kills Luke's father, then Ben and Vader have a confrontation, just like they have in Star Wars, and Ben almost kills Vader. As a matter of fact, he falls into a volcanic pit and gets fried and is one destroyed being. That's why he has to wear the suit with a mask, because it's a breathing mask. It's like a walking iron lung. His face is all horrible inside. I was going to shoot a close-up of Vader where you could see the inside of his face, but then we said, no, no, it would destroy the mystique of the whole thing."

Back