Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally understand being upset. I am so very bummed but we have to choose our words better. Some of your comments come off wrong and will get you in trouble. There is no need for that as you add some good stuff to the discussion. Voice your displeasure just becareful.

:slap.........

I certainly don't wish to offend anyone on this forum (which is made up of some pretty damn cool people imo) with my comments...I'm just venting I guess,but I make no apologies for being angry,because the way SS treat this license and it's loyal fans is disgusting and disrespectful quite frankly .

You do not have to apologize, who should apologize is Sideshow by this behaving as LOTR collectors and especially with those who have relied on the maquette line.

Josh you do not think Sideshow should give an answer to collectors LOTR maquette line? , We have invested much money in this line, as a minimum we deserve an explanation about the future of this line.

You have nothing to apologize about. I'm actually thinking of getting rid of some SS PF pieces and collect the Weta 1/6 pieces

Don't do it Adolfo :wave...I like you have been collecting the PFs and even though I can't see SS completing "The Fellowship" in this form, they are still great pieces in their own right.

If I ever got rid of my SS PF collection, I know I would regret it.

:duff
Bill

If they abandon the license I don't blame you mate...no point in having an incomplete Fellowship!

It is disappointing we more than likely will not get "The Fellowship" in PF form guitarmandan:wave

But even so, SS have produced fantastic LOTR PFs and it would be a shame to get rid of such wonderful pieces in this line because of it.

For me, they stand as quality works of art – be they part of a bigger group or not. :rock

Bill

Don't do it AdolfoIt is disappointing we more than likely will not get "The Fellowship" in PF form guitarmandan:wave

But even so, SS have produced fantastic LOTR PFs and it would be a shame to get rid of such wonderful pieces in this line because of it.

For me, they stand as quality works of art – be they part of a bigger group or not. :rock

Bill

Absolutely mate and there is NO WAY I would ever get rid of mine,I was just meaning I could see the sense in what Adolfo was saying :)

I adore the PF's so much...and I will never give up hope of a finished fellowship until SS actually come out and say they are done with LOTR...which I hope won't happen for a very long time :pray:

I'm getting rid of my PF Moria Orc Ex,Berserker ex,Galadriel,Legolas ex and Gandalf the White. I'm very happy with my Weta Versions.. I just sold 2 of em so far

Last edited:
All good things come to an end it seems. This time though we have Weta to console us. :yess:

That's how I feel. I'm sad and bummed that SS won't have some piece of the Middle-earth pie. However, it cheers me up to know that Weta is going to be doing things. It went from one company I love and respect to another.

For me, the SS inter-period was more like a strange dream of half fulfilled promises and expectations. I have read many collectors complaining about SS's various wrongs of the past. I always shrugged it off as sour grapes or just bad circumstances. But if they don't release a Merry and Pippin maquette, well that reality would have hit home. I still can't believe they would do this (not complete the fellowship). Its total incompetence. Take a look at all of SS's offerings since they split from Weta and tell me if if makes any lick of sense how things were done. They tinkered with busts, dioramas, 1:6, PFs and now maquettes, and tinkered is the correct words here.

I agree, in retrospect it really seems as if they had no plan at all or making strategic decisions depending on their mood of the day.

For me, the SS inter-period was more like a strange dream of half fulfilled promises and expectations. I have read many collectors complaining about SS's various wrongs of the past. I always shrugged it off as sour grapes or just bad circumstances. But if they don't release a Merry and Pippin maquette, well that reality would have hit home. I still can't believe they would do this (not complete the fellowship). Its total incompetence. Take a look at all of SS's offerings since they split from Weta and tell me if if makes any lick of sense how things were done. They tinkered with busts, dioramas, 1:6, PFs and now maquettes, and tinkered is the correct words here.

100% agree And have no clue to what SS was thinking when they got into the LOTR line.

100% agree And have no clue to what SS was thinking when they got into the LOTR line.

Well put indeed. Add to that the EXTREMELY slow pace of releases and it just seems that SS really had no master plan at all for this line. Which begs the question - why did they even bother getting the license back?

While I am very put off by their handling of this line, I do think they have made some fantastic pieces and hope they continue to put out a stellar PF or 2 every year. But I'm not definitely holding my breath!!!

In WETA I will trust!

The diorama line in particular could have been amazing and successful had they actually listened to what collectors wanted.
Yes Gandalf vs the Balrog was a good statue, but many wanted the bridge scene. The whole 'floating island' that was the Frodo exclusive on the Ringwraith diorama... the shiny Sauron.... bizarre choices such as Theoden possessed and the cartoony KOTD vs Aragorn....
Thank god for the Helms Deep dio, Saruman vs Gandalf, Frodo and Sam, Frodo vs Gollum and, of course, the Eagle vs Fell Beast :)
But there could have been so much more....

I can't say that the LotR line has sold bad either. Though it may take awhile for something to completely sell out, it usually does.

The diorama line in particular could have been amazing and successful had they actually listened to what collectors wanted.

Agree. If there is one license that lends itself to the diorama format it's LOTR.

That SS did not 'massage' this line (as well as all the others they tried and failed at in relation to LOTR) is one of the major the reasons they never took off as they might have... in the end to the detriment of themselves and collectors :(

I think someone needs to put a petition together and send it to SS...just to let them know how important this license is to all of us,just how much we love LOTR above everything else....and how IF THEY MADE WHAT THE FANS WANTED they would sell most of(if not ALL their stock)...like the rest of the fellowship in the PF line and the maquette line,aswell as other characters that have long been desired,like an Arwen PF,Eowyn PF,Elrond and Saruman PF's...there is no shortage of characters that fans want to see made so what's the excuse????

In the maquette line people have been anxiously awaiting the debut of Lurtz,aswell as Eomer and Theoden,aswell as some of the other characters I have already mentioned...as far as bad guys,I always thought Grishnakh would make a fantastic PF,such a grotesque look on that guy!! But there are loads of significant Orcs that have yet to be made by SS,like Ugluk,Snaga,Gorbag,Shagrat,Gothmog etc etc....

They'll just tell us to make potato characters or whatever it was to show how much we want them. That's how much Sideshow care about their collectors. I bet they had a good laugh over that ;)

Back