Which lines are "sleeping" ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooncat

Super Freak
Reaction score
Fairly new but saw recently that lines dont "die" they "sleep" or at least that is the official line from Sideshow,

Would I be able to find out which current lines are sleeping ?

Ive got a "broad" collection and chosen my pieces from a few lines

So id be interested to know which ones are currently "sleeping"

(which I guess means which lines do Sideshow not intend / have plans for, for the next 6 too 12 months)

As far as 1:6 goes, I think every line is "sleeping" except Star Wars, LOtR, The Dead.......I think thats about it.

The only positively dead line is Highlander.

There are a crap load of lines that are dead. Get Smart, Highlander, Planet of the Apes, Twilight Zone, Platoon, X-Files, Scarface, Hellboy you could go on and on, but Sideshow never really confirms nor denies it.

You can pretty much guess for yourself whats dead and whats "sleeping"

Planet of the Apes is dead as well.

Your Questions Answered - 06/28/07

Mike V. - Great work on the Planet of the Apes collectibles. Are there more coming out ever?

Sideshow Collectibles: Our design and creative teams really enjoyed working on Planet of the Apes. There's a good chance that you'll see more Apes in the future.

That would be a neat trick considering the poor performance of the line and the fact that they have removed all product and are liquidating them through Amoktime. I think it's a good bet they have abandoned this license now that $tar War$ and Indy will be their mainlines of revenue.

I don't collect the Apes line, but I thought it was pretty much dead and was surprised to read that comment in the blog Q&A in June. It surprised me to hear that they were still interested in continuing that line. But who knows what the chances are of it actually happening...

I was thinking the same thing when I read that, Tom. And the only answer I could come up with is that Sideshow might produce something other than 12" POTA figures -- perhaps a bust or a PF, or even a diorama. Something like the Lawgiver...

Is James Bond sleeping?... Yes we've got the Legacy 12" but they're essentially rehashes of existing Bonds... Where's Craig?... New bad guys?...

I would like a buried Statue of Liberty to go with my Slave Taylor and Nova.

That's something I would like as well. It's quite reasonable for Sideshow to do it, and may even get Sideshow, more word of mouth attention for their troubles.

I guess that means they essentially executed the Highlander license by cruel beheading. :monkey2

The Kurgan is gone, but the Krusade lives on. I think that the krusade is something Sideshow is proud of, as they mention it every now and then. Am I allowed to say that?

Back