MAKINA (3rd Party M.A.S.K.) by Ramen Toy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thunder Hawk looks great! So disappointed I missed out on this. I had it in my cart and waited until after my vacation to check out and it was sold out. Good thing they're doing a second run but it’ll be a little different from the first one. Hope it’s just as good though.

Too bad they won‘t be continuing the line. 😢 I was really wanting to see Hurricane get the Makina treatment.

Got mine in. Really impressed with the quality from the packaging to the car itself. It's a shame hasbro refuses to do anything with the license

Thunder Hawk looks great! So disappointed I missed out on this. I had it in my cart and waited until after my vacation to check out and it was sold out. Good thing they're doing a second run but it’ll be a little different from the first one. Hope it’s just as good though.

Too bad they won‘t be continuing the line. 😢 I was really wanting to see Hurricane get the Makina treatment.

Get on it then. Around an hour ago they announced the alternate as a made to order.

They might. After the positive critics for it, he wants to look at the subject again.

I was able to order a Red Gullwing from a seller in Australia. Hopefully it was legit since they’re listed on Ramen’s page. The ad changed to sold out shortly afterward.

But if not I’ll just get Ramen’s ”reissue”, The Gullwing, which has some changes to it due to Hasbro throwing a fuss. Looks like it’ll be up for order soon.

C30991B2-EB04-413C-8AE5-5FA6788459F9.jpeg

After the SHARK
Who doesn't want the Ultimate Massive Transport / Drop Ship Next? ;)

7vjyiw.gif

7vjycf.gif

7vjywo.gif

Several more shots of the Beautiful Behemoth in action:
Spoiler Spoiler:

This is sensational:

70359896_724035711377713_2191301965210714112_n.jpg

69244679_724035908044360_4401122626810937344_n.jpg

WOW they even fit the Rhino in there!?
69173385_724035788044372_287494124267896832_n.jpg

69185302_724035871377697_7378935354205667328_n.jpg

It could be re-engineered to be collapsible, and "MASK" into a carrying case.
Wings would fold down, the back fin rotate up to become the handle etc..

If Haslab can crowdfund the Ghost (dimension?) could they or these guys be up to it, though M.A.S.K. is more a fringe cult license, dificult to get the numbers?

Last edited:
Yeah, that's one of the first things he said. That the figures and cars will be in scale with the original. But he didn't rule out more stuff, if there are enough arguments to make more/different things. Maybe 1/12 drivers. Who knows...
I remember as a kid wanting MASK...until I saw the scale. I'd rather see a "revival" up the scale to 1/12.

What are the changes?
The Gullwing reissue will come with decals you’ll have to apply yourself, a black spoiler instead of red, chromed door wings instead of gray and possibly something else but I can’t find Ramen’s original post on that so I’m going off memory.

The Gullwing reissue will come with decals you’ll have to apply yourself, a black spoiler instead of red, chromed door wings instead of gray and possibly something else but I can’t find Ramen’s original post on that so I’m going off memory.
Original is printed on or also decals?

Is makina licensed? Coz the complaints sound like the license holder wants it to be more like the originals. Chromed parts should have been there the first place.

Is makina licensed? Coz the complaints sound like the license holder wants it to be more like the originals. Chromed parts should have been there the first place.

I don’t know exactly the method Ramen used on them on the first one since I haven’t received mine yet but I don’t believe they are sticker decals. However it was done they’re already on the vehicle right out of the box.

Makina is not licensed. The first release is inspired by the cartoon version of Thunderhawk with its cartoon accurate, gray wing extensions and red spoiler whereas the 2nd release is inspired by the Thunderhawk toy with its decals that have to be applied, its chromed parts and its black spoiler.

After the SHARK
Who doesn't want the Ultimate Massive Transport / Drop Ship Next? ;)

7vjyiw.gif

7vjycf.gif

7vjywo.gif

Several more shots of the Beautiful Behemoth in action:
Spoiler Spoiler:

This is sensational:

70359896_724035711377713_2191301965210714112_n.jpg

69244679_724035908044360_4401122626810937344_n.jpg

WOW they even fit the Rhino in there!?
69173385_724035788044372_287494124267896832_n.jpg

69185302_724035871377697_7378935354205667328_n.jpg

It could be re-engineered to be collapsible, and "MASK" into a carrying case.
Wings would fold down, the back fin rotate up to become the handle etc..

If Haslab can crowdfund the Ghost (dimension?) could they or these guys be up to it, though M.A.S.K. is more a fringe cult license, dificult to get the numbers?

Seen this before! Utter insanity! So cool!

No, it's not. Hence the C&D, but to be fair: Ramen ALWAYS tries to license and due to low, theoretical, production numbers they're denied the license.

Next they're trying Mattel for the MOTU prototypes they showed at Power Con.

I don’t know exactly the method Ramen used on them on the first one since I haven’t received mine yet but I don’t believe they are sticker decals. However it was done they’re already on the vehicle right out of the box.

Makina is not licensed. The first release is inspired by the cartoon version of Thunderhawk with its cartoon accurate, gray wing extensions and red spoiler whereas the 2nd release is inspired by the Thunderhawk toy with its decals that have to be applied, its chromed parts and its black spoiler.

Graphics on the first Red Gullwing release are tampograph stickers.

fireflyboxbackus.jpg

12w7u3.gif

Firefly; a freakin outrages bright neon-orange Baja Dune-Buggy that turned into a Laser firing Rocket-Glider was one of my favorites as a kid.
A peculiar difference was as a toy the Firefly, was more of a Baja-dune-buggy, and formula-dragster animated? Not sure what design; toy or animated comes first? Or that MAKINA will ever go this deep into the franchise, but which way would they go?

Last edited:
I remember as a kid wanting MASK...until I saw the scale. I'd rather see a "revival" up the scale to 1/12.
The unique scale was part of the appeal (to me), the vehicles were the main "characters". It'd be like scaling Transformers or Voltron to emphasize the humans, when the humans are mostly just the accessory here. Or rather this was a perfect go between.

Last edited:
Back