MAKINA (3rd Party M.A.S.K.) by Ramen Toy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fireflyboxbackus.jpg

12w7u3.gif

A peculiar difference was the Firefly, more of a Baja-dune-buggy as the toy, and formula-dragster animated? Not sure what design; toy or animated comes first? Or that MAKINA will ever go this deep into the franchise, but which way would they go?

Good question, but If I could read Ace, I'd say he won't tackel that, cause the toy's awesome!

I think they will continue on Shark with this. Why wouldn't they? The process was a roaring success on Gullwing.
According to one of their posts Hasbro was giving them a hard time so it sounded like they were either going to have to abandon the line or make some changes to the process. They made it sound like the sticker sheet was one of those changes for the reissue due to Hasbro but I wasn‘t sure if they were going to continue with sticker sheets on any possible future projects or just that particular reissue.

I think they will continue on Shark with this. Why wouldn't they? The process was a roaring success on Gullwing.
I went down a small rabbit hole last night while pre-ordering the Shark from the PowerCon listing. (I already have the Gullwing.) But he stated in a pre-PowerCon facebook stream that Gullwing wasn't a roaring success on the sales front. He stated that it's MASK's Optimus Prime and the numbers weren't great. The posted chat on the stream said he may focus on 1/12 MASK releases after Shark. He kind of refuted this but didn't commit either way.

Personally, I think the fan reception and overall awareness of Ramen both had "good numbers' from the Gullwing release. It's tough if you can't buy it from BBTS or SS or another larger storefront that provides confidence that you'll get your product. BBTS had the SilverHawk listings but Ramen is still a company that has to earn it's customers trust...especially if you have to preorder with full payment directly from their site to secure a release. But he's doing a good job getting out there and being transparent and communicating where he can. The BobbySkullface interview was interesting and informative and makes me want to support him.

I went down a small rabbit hole last night while pre-ordering the Shark from the PowerCon listing. (I already have the Gullwing.) But he stated in a pre-PowerCon facebook stream that Gullwing wasn't a roaring success on the sales front. He stated that it's MASK's Optimus Prime and the numbers weren't great. The posted chat on the stream said he may focus on 1/12 MASK releases after Shark. He kind of refuted this but didn't commit either way.

Personally, I think the fan reception and overall awareness of Ramen both had "good numbers' from the Gullwing release. It's tough if you can't buy it from BBTS or SS or another larger storefront that provides confidence that you'll get your product. BBTS had the SilverHawk listings but Ramen is still a company that has to earn it's customers trust...especially if you have to preorder with full payment directly from their site to secure a release. But he's doing a good job getting out there and being transparent and communicating where he can. The BobbySkullface interview was interesting and informative and makes me want to support him.

I've seen this and I've also seen the later stream where he said that he will look into more.
I think what he underestimated is exactly that: people don't know too much about Ramen, still.
What they are, their way of communication, which is a quality in itself and that they're trying to give fans what they like.
That and the fact that people also don't read properly and refuse to go on FB, where they just post more thoroughly AND, finally, that they didn't just produce this, but for a fixed amount of people is the reason it wasn't a sounding success.

I also ONLY meant the tampos. That they work properly. THAT was a roaring success.

And just for the Gullwing and how's perceived: voices are overwhelmingly positive. Mine included.

Rhino is the optimus prime of mask. Gullwing is like hot rod.

If they going for 1/12 the size and price would be skyhigh.evem diecast collectors rarely have 1/12 cars the box would be an issue of they cant be folded.

I also ONLY meant the tampos. That they work properly. THAT was a roaring success.

And just for the Gullwing and how's perceived: voices are overwhelmingly positive. Mine included.

Agreed 100%.

Rhino is the optimus prime of mask. Gullwing is like hot rod.

If they going for 1/12 the size and price would be skyhigh.evem diecast collectors rarely have 1/12 cars the box would be an issue of they cant be folded.

Yea, I think it's because they're getting better sales numbers from the Ghost Rider vehicle(s).

Back