Which is the coolest HT Predator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the original question:

I'd have to rate the Battle Damaged P2. The basic figure is great - my favourite Predator design to start with. BTW, the plastic loincloth is movie-accurate for the P2 - look at the stripped down version of the armour used for the Lost Hunters. Anyway, the airbrushed body tones and head paintjob are a level up from the fairly flat apps on the other HT Preds, and while not film-accurate give a good overall impression. Then there's the accessories - choice of mandibles for open or closed mouth, extending disc and medikit, respirator, Alien and human skulls... overall the sheer quantity of gear and options beats every other Pred hands down.

Which is the best figure would be a little hard to answer for me, 'cause I like each one for different reasons. But "which is the coolest HT Predator?"... the P2 Elder, even just standing there on the shelf, in the same old pose everybody else has him in. If HT ever makes any of the other Lost Hunters, then he'd definitely have some serious competition, though.

Wolf is also extremely cool, as are others, for different reasons. These kinds of questions are too hard... I really love them all almost equally. :D

P1010009-1.jpg

that's kinda how i'm leaning to. P2 Elder's hips aren't too bad. i just noticed P2 warrior has a weird plastic loincloth. i hate that. that's what really turned me off Wolf.
oh and sorry King, but i looked for threads like this and didn't see them.:eek:

P2 predator doesn't really wear a loin cloth, he's wearing leather briefs that have a scaly piece hanging in the front and back. I don't see how they could've made real scale pieces in this scale so they're off the hook for that. But they really should've made his briefs out of real cloth, there's no excuse not to.
That's really the only nitpick I have with the figure.

The briefs for Wolf are more rubber than plastic (quite bendable) so it's not as bad as it was made out to be. I was +++++in about the plastic briefs and molded on armor as well but once I had the figure in front of me all was forgiven :lol

My vote goes to Wolf....but maybe that's cause I just got him.

Last edited:
the P2 Elder, even just standing there on the shelf, in the same old pose everybody else has him in.
Yeah I always noticed that too. Why does everyone have him in that same pose with his right arm curled up? I love posing my figs in the most bad-ass dynamic as poss and cant wait to get my elder and post some pics.

atm its p2 elder.. but im sure itll change when i get wolf, im gonna see if i can trade my p2 elder for a takara batman with someone on this board.. its assembled and displayed but still has box in top notch condition.. hell the figure still has that HT predator crack smeel on it:lol must see how much ill lose on shipping though:monkey4

P2 was always my favoirte design , Stan winstons finest predator moments were with this movie. He didn't know what the reaction of the people was going to be with part 1 and after the huge success it he had the courage to go deeper and give the creatue more of a character and style which no other predator so far in my opinon has anaged to beat. Sws ( stan winston studios ) by far is the best team to ever create the predators and aliens. Therefore the creatures from the movies he worked on will be the best figures by far.
Back to the subject though , predator 2 brought a style to the character that th first predator didn't have. He had his arm cut off and even ran from Harrigan which shown you that some predators wern't as mean as they looked and could get scared. Which also brought the crowd closer to the and made it more believable. The first predator skin design was based on a banana peel whilst p2 I heard had some inspiration from a wolf spiders markings. :rolleyes:
His rustic armor and unique weapons that were only in his movie makes the film easy to go back and watch and is something else that makes him special.
After seeing all this and being amazed enough Stan and his team even created the full pred scene at the end which included the predator 2 elder ( who Kevin peter hall also played as ) and this creature was fantastic and up until these figures were announced wasn't discussed much. Hot toys in my opinion have done the best job with the predator 2 stuff.
Which is why I am hoping they make all the preds from pred 2 and I am really looking forward to seeing the predator 1 characters.
Avp movies I think have been terrible from the start with bad directors.
These type of movies need time and skilled people. They are too rushed and don't have good enough actors and money backed behind them.
Therefore they are a line I am not too much interested in. For the predator that looks the best , its the predator 2 figures , for the predators that are easiest to build its the predator 2 figures , for the predators that don't fall apart as much its the predator 2 figures . The predator 2 figures are far superior over the avp ones and although I haven't seen wolf in hand as of yet if he is anything like the predator 2 ones. He will be just as good , but doesn't have a better character design. :D

i must say from the pix iv seen wolf looks damn good, but i have to say P2 elder is legend and its going to be hard to beat that, i just love my p2 elder :)

I'll come back to this thread as soon as my Wolf comes in...
BUT, so far, BY FAR, the HT Predator 2 Elder! :rock
NO CONTEST!

So far...

Sorry to diverge from the topic but there is a Pred 2 "regular edition" going for $400+ on ebay right now. The buyer seems legit too:eek:

In terms of sculpting and coolness factor I'd have agree with most of you and say the P2 Elder. He is just badass with that "pirate gear" of his :lol

dscn1683uk5.jpg

In terms of fun factor I'm going to have to go with the battle-damaged P2 or Wolf.

I think you can get a Tak Bats for cheaper right now. For me I wouldn't trade any of my Preds. They just have that wow factor that other figures don't give me. But hey I'm a monsters guy so what do I know :lol. Can't go wrong with either figure.

this is a little off topic, but do you guys think a trading a p2 elder for a tak batman is a good deal?

No. Buy the Tak. I don't even have one, and I wouldn't dare trade off my Elder for that figure. One day, you would regret it. He'll be another Hicks, like what appears to be happening with the original P2. All those will go high soon.

Back