Where do you see the cost of SS/W statues in 8-10 months?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got multiples of alot of the early and LE2000 SSW statues, which I plan on unloading in a couple of years. Not too worried about the prices. If prices drop drastically, no biggie, cuz as I can enjoy them display pieces.

But given the international popularity of LOTR, any given 2k (or less) piece will be distributed across the globe. Let's say for instance 500 goes to Europe, 250 goes everywhere else and 1250 remain in the states. Of those numbers, a few are bound to disappear. To me, that's a good bet that they'll eventually 'pop'...and when they do, my army of Galadhrim archers, easterlings, etc. will be ready...*cackles*

You know what they say about opinions...everybody has one. For me, as nice as the PF's are, they are no where near the quality of the SSW LOTR statues. It is like comparing art to dolls to me. With that said, it is great that there are so many formats to collect now concerning the story we all love. The beauty of these items is in the eye of the beholder. Collect what you like best and don't worry too much about the value....time and scarcity will drive up the value of almost all of these collectables eventually.

The Weta line is a great line. I dont understand why alot of people are putting the line down. For 1/6 line the quailty was excellent. Some might of been "off" but so are the PF's (SW Solo & Frodo). The Weta Lurtz was naked but the sculpt was great.

I think the thing is that most people were collecting the line because of the high ebay prices. Those prices opened the doors for Sideshow. Then came the high editions and everyone tried to make a profit and it backfired.

As far as the future cost. I dont see much of a change. The high edition statues will always be low. But the low editions should sell high. The problem is there is so many scams on ebay and most of the stuff is broke. Its hard to buy a State for 1K and never seeing it.

The Hobbit can cause a spark. But I thought SS announced there were doing LOTR in 1/6 next year. If the 1/6 does come back so will the prices. There's just no spark right now, but I'm sure it will be back.

Back