Where are the Star Trek Into Darkness figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

Credits will do fine
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Not that Kre-O ****e...has anyone - anyone - heard of any company be it 6-7" or 1/6 doing figures? The trailers look great, but no merchandise at all figure-wise really ****ing sucks.

After the disaster that Playmates had with 2009 Star Trek figures, I don't blame companies for steering clear of this license.

A better question though is: Where the hell are the Classic Star Trek 1:6 figures?

What was the deal with Playmates?

Trek is the elusive license that can't seem to get a break in the 1:6 figure market. I thought it was going to happen with Gentle Giant in 2010 when they showed an outstanding Picard proto. Unfortunately it never got off the ground.

TOS, TNG and DS9 are my tops. I'd also go for a VOY line--at least Janeway and 7 of 9.

That said, I can't believe no company has snagged ITD. That's a pretty much guaranteed hit. Instead flops like Wrath of the Titans and Prince of Persia get figures. Maybe Paramount just wants too much for licensing rights.

If Big Chief is doing them it will take 2 years to put out 1 figure.

I've waited this long... so I'd be fine waiting a year or two for a company that can put out a good product.

Don't really care about owing stuff from the new films (even though I really liked the reboot) but I'd be all over the TOS or TNG :rock

Yeah, I'm very disappointed to not see any announcements regarding Star Trek.
The first movie did well enough, it's set to be a long-running franchise with the second installment looking good... one would assume many companies would be looking to grab the license. Enterbay, HT, Sideshow, Medicom, any of them.

Might be that any company might not be allowed to announce til the week of the film's opening, due to the sensitive nature of Cumberbatch's character's identity.

Nah, they can announce months in advance as long as they black out that specific character. Did it with IM2 toys, ASM, lots of licenses.

Theres nothing iconic feeling or looking about Chris Pine's Captain Kirk in a long black jacket. This cast has not earned figures yet, simple as that.

Back