What's with Faramir's cloak?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what is the film accurrate shades, but looking at the prototype images on the Sideshow site, I don't think it ever looked green. The QTVR is clearly more darkly lit than the proto images, but to me the proto images look a brown grey and not any shade of green.

9211_press02-001.jpg

I definitely like the look of the LOTR cloaks as far as the thin material goes. It seems that you can make it hang more naturally unlike the thick bathrobes they used for the Jedi.

I didn't get the exclusive Aragorn, is his cloak made out of a thinner material like Faramir's appears to be and the elven cloaks are?

Yeah the material on ex. Aragorn looks pretty similiar to Faramir's. I expect them to pretty much be the same type cloth.

pixletwin said:
Hey, I love it when it rains. :D

I do too, but I hate how we went from 80 degrees yesterday to 50 or something today. :lol Besides, the rain will make a green Faramir cloak look Brown! :monkey2

Cap -- am looking at this from a "glass half full" perspective. I'm thinking that there is, in fact, a green shading to it...but with a brownish tinge. So mebbe the camera picked up on the brown?

In the proto pics it looks dusty gray-green to me, but the show pics all look straight up brown, and the video looks nearly black (but then it's very darkly lit anyway). My guess is that it will be plain old brown but of a fabric that will at least look right in how it falls and feels. Nonetheless, in the films his cloak is green-no ifs ands or buts. Consequently, I may end up making him a new one should the need arise. Other than that I have no complaints about him so far; he's still the best thing Sideshow has ever done!

pixletwin said:
Everything may end up all right... I hope...

Really, does it matter when all you are looking at is the prototype anyway - we all know how that can go! :monkey1

LOTRFan said:
Really, does it matter when all you are looking at is the prototype anyway - we all know how that can go! :monkey1

Aint that the truth. Just seems like QC would be easier on the color of fabric. I understand materials being different from proto to produc. but just the friggin color of his cloak? We all know the lengths sideshow went to in order to get Obi-Wan's robe color right. Why no love for Faramir?

Your words are wise my friend. We have yet to see the final image--but where are those of Sideshow? Why will they not answer us? I've never asked a question here, and now I get no answer--are they always this close?

pixletwin said:
Aint that the truth. Just seems like QC would be easier on the color of fabric. I understand materials being different from proto to produc. but just the friggin color of his cloak? We all know the lengths sideshow went to in order to get Obi-Wan's robe color right. Why no love for Faramir?

Because they always ignore the good son. Sideshow, you're starting to act like, like--like Denethor!!! How could you?!?!?

Please kill me if I ever lose control over my self in that manner. If I should ever abandon all dignity and gentleness in that way, you will know the end is come. :rotfl

If it so be, make it quick and painless!

Fortunately I don't foresee any major issues. I'm not a half full or half empty kind of guy--I'm just grateful to have a glass in the first place! Faramir, not much longer and you shall be mine!

Captain Aldeggon said:
If it so be, make it quick and painless!

Fortunately I don't foresee any major issues. I'm not a half full or half empty kind of guy--I'm just grateful to have a glass in the first place! Faramir, not much longer and you shall be mine!

That's a great twist on that saying. I'm gonna have to use that.:D

Back