What's with Faramir's cloak?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Faramir

Super Freak
Reaction score
You all probably figured I'd be asking this, but what color is the final production piece going to use? In the movie and props it is most decidedly and distinctly green. In the prototype images it is also a gorgeous shade of gray-green that is absolutely beautiful, yet in ORC and other shows it is, distressingly, brown--a nice brown, even a lovely brown, yes, but inaccurate! Though it may match the rest of the outfit, it's not film-accurate, nor even book accurate! Will this be corrected? Or is it even an issue? Let us know, please!

I knew that this thread was by you before I even clicked on it! That is a good question though. Personally, I don't think it will be an issue really.

Wow you guys are starting to sound like Star Wars fans:rotfl

Dusty, or somebody at Sideshow, can you please find out what the final cloak color will be? I'm dying to find out; after all this is a pretty critical matter--Obi-Wan's cloak was specifially fixed, so will Faramir's be equally considered? Thank you!

Hello Sideshow? Are you there? Answer this man's question. You will be blessed for it, trust me. :wave

Yes! Yes! To Pixletwin you listen!

Oh Sideshow, will you not hearken unto our cries and turn an ear to my pleas? Will you continue in the hardness of your hearts? Will you not come to us?

Will you do nothing?

I just re-examined Faramir's Quicktime turn around and his cloak seems to be the same color has most Jedi robes. :(

pixletwin said:
I just re-examined Faramir's Quicktime turn around and his cloak seems to be the same color has most Jedi robes. :(

Yep, thats brown alright. NOT Green. Who would have thought it would be Sideshow of all things to get Cap upset? :lol

Green Cloak Crusade! Utah Unite!

Sideshow, why would you bring me such sorrow? What have I done to merit this? Long have I labored for your good and spoken words of fealty and love--how can this be? Obi-Wan is corrected, but what of Gondor's son? Oh Sideshow, such pain you bring upon the innocent--I sought only to love and bring good cheer. Is there no answer from thine pavilion? Can you not send some word? I will not be too sad; after all, I am fortunately quite a skilled taylor. But why did you choose brown and not green? Why Sideshow? Why?

"You see what you get, Sideshow?! You see what you get when you mess with the Captain?!"

Now you know how it feels. :rotfl

The green also looked a lot better.

Bump for those Sideshow folk as their getting into their offices on this fine spring morning.

:D :monkey3

Back