What's with Faramir's cloak?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing is, when I first took that test as a teen not knowing what it was, that's what I actually said. They kept asking "but which? but which?" and I kept saying "who cares? It's so nice of you to offer!" The undying optimist, that's me!

So really, I'm just glad Faramir is so close to being mine. It's just my confounded curiosity getting to me again!

Captain Aldeggon said:
In the proto pics it looks dusty gray-green to me, but the show pics all look straight up brown, and the video looks nearly black (but then it's very darkly lit anyway). My guess is that it will be plain old brown but of a fabric that will at least look right in how it falls and feels. Nonetheless, in the films his cloak is green-no ifs ands or buts. Consequently, I may end up making him a new one should the need arise. Other than that I have no complaints about him so far; he's still the best thing Sideshow has ever done!

Not to challenge your love of Faramir, and not to say that Sideshow didn't slip up, but I know they often get reference images and go from them and not just the films, and knowing the color and picture effects that went on in LOTR, it's possible the shade was deceptive, I haven't paid much attention to Faramir outside of the films so maybe some of you have seen behind the scenes images that show it to be green, I just know sometimes the final films can make things look one color and then to see the same thing under more faithful lighting, it's a different story and you end up being taken back by the realization that your previous perception was off base.

No worries! The actual material used for his cloak was a rich green but with brown and gray tones in the material blended into the fabric, making it a rich green that showed different shades in different lighting. Movie-accurate is a rough term since so much changes color depending on the scene, but costume-wise it would indeed be green, albeit a multi-hued green. I'm a big-enough Faramir fan to notice, but not too much of a perfectionist for it to make a difference.

Back