what's the single best LOTR piece?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if it's ones that I want I'd say Gandalf the Grey PF, Lurtz, or DROM. Azog on Warg looks amazing too.

If I had to pick my favorite LOTR piece I'd say Berserker PF. Very few statues have a presence like this masterpiece.

Without a doubt, I agree. The Berserker PF is virtually the closest SS piece that screams perfection, & yes, MASTERPIECE! Truly a museum quality piece.

***NOTE; You can still find one at a great price if you take the time to hunt one down. A seller from Canada just sold one for a mere $525.00 + $33.00 shipping international!!! Simply a steal!!! Good luck, & you won't regret it.

Since I'm not a statue collector, imho, the best LOTR piece is the United Cutlery's 1:1 War Helm of the Witch King, its an iconic prop.. but Master Replica's One Ring of Sauron runs it a close second.. and takes up a great deal less space in my collection than the helm! :lol

My favourite LOTR piece that I own is my Morgul Lord Legendary Scale Bust or my SW Ringwraith on Steed.

My favourite pieces that I don't own are the first SW Balrog, SW Witch-king of Angmar Statue, Balrog & Sauron Legendary Scale Busts and the Premium Format DROM Ex, Sauron, Morgul Lord Ex and the Lurtz EX.

I'm all about the villains, baby! :ogat :nazgul :balrog :orc :uruk-hai :saruman :orthanc

For me it's Azog hands down above all the ME statues I own. Period.

I'm currently thinking of getting an LOTR piece. Trying to choose between Gandalf the Gray PF or Boromir+Aragorn Maquette. I know the consensus here seems to be get Gandalf but is it worth the price of aragorn and boromir. I also personally quite like that Boromir piece but I haven't seen one in person. What do you guys think?

Boromir is up there as one of Sideshows best...hands down...Aragorn is great too

I meant the Boromir Maquette+Aragorn Maquette ove the Gandalf the Gray PF guys. Both cost about the same here. USD450 or so. Thanks.

I don't see many of these for sale actually. I bought a reg for just over 225 shipped last week but the light up function doesn't work. In fact, I cant even figure out where the function is. Still I would like to grab an ex that is fully functional.

I don't see many of these for sale actually. I bought a reg for just over 225 shipped last week but the light up function doesn't work. In fact, I cant even figure out where the function is. Still I would like to grab an ex that is fully functional.

That was a good price, a similar one sold on eBay recently for just over $300 without the light. The battery tray and switch are in the front of his torso, you have to undo his robe to access it.

This may help you cstojano

300017.jpg

I would have been happier if Sideshow had the nameplate as the press in switch and the batteries in the base...but that's just me. :wink1:

It's still one of my fave LOTR pieces even so :rock

Thanks guys. Josh I would say it is definitely worth it. I tend to be an evil guy collector but always loved Gandalf. In fact, just usd 156 Weta dollars to grab the new one they made while on sale.

I would have been happier if Sideshow had the nameplate as the press in switch and the batteries in the base...but that's just me. :wink1:

It's still one of my fave LOTR pieces even so :rock
I hope we get more remote control ones in the future like the newer hot toys items are having. A pain to turn these on if they are in a case and so much cooler to do it by remote(especially with Gandalf as it looks like you are molesting him to get it to come on)

Back