What's Happening in the UK?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then I think perhaps you ought to part out some blame to the clerics who are preaching otherwise and making this mess all the messier instead of very lopsidedly condemning America or the UK.

I absolutely condemn each and every cleric responsible for this, and the root of it is Saudi Arabia which exports this entire distortion.

In fact if there is 1 problem in the world I could correct in one fell swoop it would be getting rid of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (the monarchy) and replacing it with a government which truly understands Islam and promotes the true message of Islam.

Oh trust me, I came out of "My shell" long ago when I realised at the age of about 7-8 that my parents we're trying to brainwash me into believing hell was real so I'd behave. I was forced without choice to goto church, sunday school, and confirmation and my hatred for the religion I was raised under is oh so much stronger for my first hand education as to their morales and goals. I've since taken the time to educate myself regarding all religions because I see them as the largest threat to humanity as a whole. To claim any religion is innocent and just wants peace and happiness is pure insider nonsense and straight up contradictory to other existing religions and lifestyles.

I'm glad I moved back too.
Just sayin'

Void, I wonder could you confirm something or not. I'm a complete atheist by the way, but I respect others beliefs as long as they do not in any way impinge on my own way of life. I have read many times that the Quran does in fact teach hatred and violence against non believers. Is this true? I mean even generally? I know parts of many religions have their own scriptures which can be interpreted as similar calls to action.. I mean this with no disrespect to anyone reading. I was raised a Catholic (barely) and they burned innocents at the stake so I'm not coming at this from a higher ground...

Are these real quotes?

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Or is this Internet BS propaganda?

In fact if there is 1 problem in the world I could correct in one fell swoop it would be getting rid of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (the monarchy) and replacing it with a government which truly understands Islam and promotes the true message of Islam.

No other religion will do?

I absolutely condemn each and every cleric responsible for this, and the root of it is Saudi Arabia which exports this entire distortion.

In fact if there is 1 problem in the world I could correct in one fell swoop it would be getting rid of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (the monarchy).

Agreed with you there. Not so sure about what you want to replace it with, but that's ok. :)

Well we should also be honest that America has been really great at creating it's own problems. We should all be able to admit that.

Nope, you sir are wrong.

They are misguided people, and they thrive on the mentality you're displaying.

Anyone seeking religion is likely misguided. You are aligning yourself by choice as a grown man, with a group who claims to be the sole proprietor of eternal happieness and the one true all knowing god with the full knowlege that other such contradictory groups exist and still claiming it will end in peace? That my friend is the definition of silly.

I'm essentially atheist aswell. I don't claim to know for a fact that there's no god or afterlife but I am more inclined to believe that there isn't. So perhaps I'm agnostic with stronger leanings towards atheism. And I doubt that will ever change.

So it does frustrate and anger me a huge amount the idea of people killing other people because of religious beliefs. I think its a terrible waste of life over nothing. That guy murdered in the street in the UK is just dead. And when his murderers die they too will be just dead. I think if people the world over believed that this life on Earth is the only existance they will ever experience there would be less killing, stress on the word 'less'.

Yeah and all black people listen to rap music. Great post.

thanks for the compliment. Your post on the other hand is retarded.

people pick their religion. Just because you are the same religion doesn't mean you can exclude them when they do something wrong.

Void, I wonder could you confirm something or not. I'm a complete atheist by the way, but I respect others beliefs as long as they do not in any way impinge on my own way of life. I have read many times that the Quran does in fact teach hatred and violence against non believers. Is this true? I mean even generally? I know parts of many religions have their own scriptures which can be interpreted as similar calls to action.. I mean this with no disrespect to anyone reading.

Are these real quotes?

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Or is this Internet BS propaganda?

These are actual verses but taken completely out of context.

For example the context behind 8:12 is that it was a statement against those who wage war against the Prophet (PBUH) and his followers. So it is only applicable in a context when war is being waged upon you.

Qur'an (8:12) - Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

Qur'an (8:13) - This because they contended against Allah and His Messenger: if any contend against Allah and His Messenger Allah is strict in punishment. ..... once again this applys to those who are going against God and his messenger who are going to fight him, this is when it is applied.

Now some clerics will distort this and say oh look the US is killing your innocent brethren in Afghanistan/Iraq/Pakistan - you are justified in killing them.

That is nonsense - the innocent people of the US are not the ones killing these people, it is the soldiers - and yes if a soldier comes and attacks your innocent family - the Quran gives you the right to self defence.

The other verses you quoted above are also to be understood in their proper context. This is why you can't let any idiot preach. They pick and choose lines and use them to their end.

Religion has always been the main reason for war and will bring on the end of this world as well most probably.

I would amend that and say religion has always been the main reason for nasty greedy people in positions of power to manipulate those with less power and influence to wage war against others. If you are objective you have to admit that religion is responsible for a lot of beautiful and good things in the world.

Back