What's Happening in the UK?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is beyond that though - it's about why is it the way it is.

For some people that is a compelling question (me)
For others it is irrelevant.

There is no beyond it. It's not that it's irrelevant. It's that there is no question.

You have said precisely... nothing. :lol

If reality is the answer to its own "why", why are people still asking? It's like a two year old discovering the word for the first time.

"Why?"

"Because?"

"Because why?"

"..."

Reality is real because it's reality. It is its own first cause.

There is no beyond it. It's not that it's irrelevant. It's that there is no question.

If reality is the answer to its own "why", why are people still asking? It's like a two year old discovering the word for the first time.

"Why?"

"Because?"

"Because why?"

"..."

Reality is real because it's reality. It is its own first cause.

How very new agey of you. :lol

I gotta say Devil, before I get around to responding to your last post at some point, that this thread discussion has taken my mind to some very uncomfortable places in the past couple of weeks. I've been going back over Stephen Hawking's Brief History of Time, listening to some of Brian Cox's lectures and the like, googling all over the place and it just blows my mind each and every time.

I start trying to imagine the 'before' of an event that theoretically has no 'before'... when my consciousness began in utero... the fact that death is the one event in life that we have no capacity to reflect on. Then I imagine who my ancient ancestors were, and wonder how far back in my genealogy it's possible to go whilst still remaining 'human'.

All this esoteric, philosophical and existential work that leaves me contemplating both the beauty of the unanswerable and the frustration of ignorance; and the beauty and horror that is the brevity of life and the finality of death.

:gah:

Aww. :1-1:

I gotta say Devil, before I get around to responding to your last post at some point, that this thread discussion has taken my mind to some very uncomfortable places in the past couple of weeks. I've been going back over Stephen Hawking's Brief History of Time, listening to some of Brian Cox's lectures and the like, googling all over the place and it just blows my mind each and every time.

I start trying to imagine the 'before' of an event that theoretically has no 'before'... when my consciousness began in utero... the fact that death is the one event in life that we have no capacity to reflect on. Then I imagine who my ancient ancestors were, and wonder how far back in my genealogy it's possible to go whilst still remaining 'human'.

All this esoteric, philosophical and existential work that leaves me contemplating both the beauty of the unanswerable and the frustration of ignorance; and the beauty and horror that is the brevity of life and the finality of death.

:gah:

:clap :clap :clap

The longer this conversation goes on, the harder it gets to respond. This **** is heavy and that's no joke.

Did I just completely change this thread to something else with one question? My mind can't handle these answers :lol

I just read the last several pages of this thread...

UmpOi.gif

Back