What Pieces are likely to Increase in Price due to the Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the Galadrim Archer will increase to.
Bilbo, GtG and the Stone Trolls will definitely increase the most.

I think the answer depends on if WETA makes the statues for the HOBBIT, then the line continues, sort of, and that would be big. If SS gets the line (hopefully not) then the prices will be the same. I hope the dont milk the hobbit like there doing with LOTR with all the different lines now.

I think the answer depends on if WETA makes the statues for the HOBBIT, then the line continues, sort of, and that would be big. If SS gets the line (hopefully not) then the prices will be the same. I hope the dont milk the hobbit like there doing with LOTR with all the different lines now.

Yeah, hopefully SS won't get the licence. Why would we want more fantastic likenesses like the gandalf and legolas LSB's when we could get more piece of crap Weta version's? Why would you want some of the incredible sculptors SS is hiring these days working on the Hobbit, when you can have Weta's less talented sculptors? As usual, one of your enlightening Weta is better posts :rolleyes: Just what we need more Weta statues with astronomic ES's. That oughtta do alot for the secondary value :rotfl

Weta should stick with what they're good at...creatures, and leave the human subjects to SS.

You have to be an idiot to say WETA is crap and the sculptors have no talent. Gandlaf/Shadowfax has more detail then any SS piece. And I dont collect SS or Weta so I can care less which is better, I actually collect the GG LOTR stuff. I do collect the SS PF SW stuff and thats a great line. But yes I rather see WETA do the Hobbit, and I thought SS made the editons for the WETA line. Do you now anything about WETA, or did you start collecting after seeing the Balrig on ebay for 3g's. But what do you know the LSB Legolas is awesome with them wacky eyes, and Human likeness, PF Froda and 12 inch Aragorn are great. Poor you.

But actually, I should of said I would like to see SS/WETA do the hobbit.

You have to be an idiot to say WETA is crap and the sculptors have no talent. Gandlaf/Shadowfax has more detail then any SS piece. And I dont collect SS or Weta so I can care less which is better, I actually collect the GG LOTR stuff. I do collect the SS PF SW stuff and thats a great line. But yes I rather see WETA do the Hobbit, and I thought SS made the editons for the WETA line. Do you now anything about WETA, or did you start collecting after seeing the Balrig on ebay for 3g's. But what do you know the LSB Legolas is awesome with them wacky eyes, and Human likeness, PF Froda and 12 inch Aragorn are great. Poor you.

Pal I've been collecting LOTR since day one, which I'm willing to bet is alot longer than you have. And I think instead of rambling on about something you obviously know nothing about you might want to invest some time in learning how to read English. If you actually did know how to read English you wouldn't have stated I believe the sculptors at Weta have no talent, why...because I didn't say that! You also wouldn't have said I believe that Weta is crap, why...because I didn't say that either. So perhaps you might want to go back over my post, or at the very least find yourself a good translator. :rolleyes:

when we could get more piece of crap Weta version's?

when you can have Weta's less talented sculptors?

sounds like you were calling weta crap and implying the sculptors are inferior to me.

anyways, i love how this thread was shat on :dump with an 'i've been collecting longer than you/my dad is stronger than yours' argument... thanks guys. :Flush

Yeah, hopefully SS won't get the licence. Why would we want more fantastic likenesses like the gandalf and legolas LSB's when we could get more piece of crap Weta version's? Why would you want some of the incredible sculptors SS is hiring these days working on the Hobbit, when you can have Weta's less talented sculptors? As usual, one of your enlightening Weta is better posts :rolleyes: Just what we need more Weta statues with astronomic ES's. That oughtta do alot for the secondary value :rotfl

Weta should stick with what they're good at...creatures, and leave the human subjects to SS.

Woodsy, by now we ALL know how you feel about the WETA pieces; why do you feel the need to continue to hammer your point home? You are more than welcome to your opinion, but reading it on every other LOTR thread has grown tiresome. :rolleyes:

Woodsy, by now we ALL know how you feel about the WETA pieces; why do you feel the need to continue to hammer your point home? You are more than welcome to your opinion, but reading it on every other LOTR thread has grown tiresome. :rolleyes:

Obviously you don't :rolleyes:....my issue has always been with the Weta is better crowd like Nasedo, who if you'd actually ever bothered reading some of his 900+ posts, has slagged SS in about 800 of them. I have always given credit to Weta for the great statues they've created, but I'm sure even you would agree human likenesses was not something they excelled at. SS now has access to the finest sculptors out there, as evidenced by so many great releases recently and if you think I'm going to apologize for my positive opinion [when warranted] of SS's LOTR lines, on a Sideshow forum you are sadly mistaken. :rolleyes:

:rotfl:rotfl:lol

Wow, I just dont know what to say, would it matter? :lol Best reply I ever read, thanks,:D

It doesn't take a post by a 'Wetaholic' having a go at SS for you to start on at Weta again, you do it unprompted and it's getting tired reading it on every other thread. Both companies have had their good and their bad sculpts. Wiki LSB anyone? :lol
Plus more Weta human likenesses were better than were bad. Gandalf, Theoden, Saruman, Elrond, Elessar, the Legolas on Arod, Wormtongue, Galadriel, Arwen...were all good as far as I'm concerned. Just lay off with the slagging off of Weta, and of other board users please, and this place would be a happier place :peace

It doesn't take a post by a 'Wetaholic' having a go at SS for you to start on at Weta again, you do it unprompted and it's getting tired reading it on every other thread. Both companies have had their good and their bad sculpts. Wiki LSB anyone? :lol
Plus more Weta human likenesses were better than were bad. Gandalf, Theoden, Saruman, Elrond, Elessar, the Legolas on Arod, Wormtongue, Galadriel, Arwen...were all good as far as I'm concerned. Just lay off with the slagging off of Weta, and of other board users please, and this place would be a happier place :peace

I agree with you Frodo Eyes there are very good Human sculpts in the Weta line. and Woodsy slagging on the sculptors is pathetic, if everyone at the Weta workshop did not think they were of a standard likeness they would not have been produced and re sculpted but seeing as they were produced Richard Taylor must have thought all creature and HUMAN Sculpts were good enough to be massed produced as collectibles.
So your opinion is invalid

Well I like the 1/6 poly better then 12 inch or PF figures. SS PF stuff is top of the line with Marvel, SW and the new Aragorn is a great piece, but I dont have room for another PF line. Thats why I would like to see WETA continue with the 1/6 other then SS making 12 inch and PF Hobbit pieces. Its not about which company is better thats stupid, its what type of media do I like better.

As long as the Hobbit is getting made I dont see a stop to the WETA vs SS discussion, its not going to go away. :monkey5

I don't think SS and Weta parted on the best of terms and I would be very surprised to see the two working together on The Hobbit licence. Since PJ is a part owner of Weta you can guarantee 100% if anyone gets the licence it will be them. Weta began distributing their own products beginning with the King Kong licence and I can't see them wanting to share the profits with SS when they are more than capable of distribiting their products themselves.

Really:confused: You must have accidentally missed this posting :google Funny how you guys only see what you want to see :D

I don't see much wrong with that, other than someone hopes SS doesn't either get the license or milk the line, which is fine, it's someones opinion. Personally I'd like to see Weta do the line, and I also think SS dioramas would be cool. I wouldn't be surprised if SS done PF's or LSB's or figures, as some people prefer them, which also is fine. Anything else?

Really:confused: You must have accidentally missed this posting :google Funny how you guys only see what you want to see :D

Like you saying you never said WETA is crap and less talented. And I'm such a Monster for saying I would like to see WETA continue the 1/6 poly, and I wouldn't be interested in SS 12 inch or PF Hobbit stuff. Your probably just mad becuse you sold your WETA stuff and will be mad if it increases in price.:lol You got to make a valid point which you haven't. But this is getting old, and I'm getting tired of responding to nonsense. Lets try to stay on topic here.

:horse

FrodoEyes;776932[B said:
]I don't see much wrong with that[/B], other than someone hopes SS doesn't either get the license or milk the line, which is fine, it's someones opinion.

Of course you don't. So let's see if I have this straight...some guy[NASEDO] makes the comment he hopes SS doesn't get the Hobbit licence, the same guy who takes these types of shots at SS in about 90% of his postings, isn't slagging SS he's simply giving his opinion. I make the unprompted [yet another one of your deliberately misleading comments] :rolleyes: statement that Weta's sculptor's are less talented than some of the A-list sculptor's like Andy Bergholtz, Jeff Yagher, Trevor Grove, Martin Canale and the Gore Group, and Pablo Viggiano that SS has/is currently commissioning based on the fantastic human likenesses or sculpt's of most of the SS pieces coming out these days. But that's not my opinion, it's an attack on Weta and their sculptors.

Even though you know full well from the many debates we have had on this issue I have always given Weta sculptors full credit for all of the tremendous sculpts they have produced, and which I own...not only LOTR but King Kong as well. You also know full well Weta has produced some pretty horrific pieces, as has SS, and that I equally praise/critize both companies on their successes/failures.

Personally I'd like to see Weta do the line, and I also think SS dioramas would be cool. I wouldn't be surprised if SS done PF's or LSB's or figures, as some people prefer them, which also is fine. Anything else?

No, I think think that pretty well sums it up. Anything negative directed at Weta is slagging, anything negative directed at SS is opinion. Am I missing anything? :confused:

Oh, just one other thing, you didn't really make that comment about laying off on the slagging of other forum members did you :confused: After some of the personal remarks you've made in the past don't you think you're pretty well the last person qualified to make that type of a statement ? :google

Like you saying you never said WETA is crap and less talented. And I'm such a Monster for saying I would like to see WETA continue the 1/6 poly, and I wouldn't be interested in SS 12 inch or PF Hobbit stuff. Your probably just mad becuse you sold your WETA stuff and will be mad if it increases in price.:lol You got to make a valid point which you haven't. But this is getting old, and I'm getting tired of responding to nonsense. Lets try to stay on topic here.

:horse

No, you are not a monster for your preference of 1/6 scale polystone statues. It is a valid point. It actually took me a long time to accept the new SS lines, esp. the PF's as 1/6 100% polystone has always been my preference. Saying however, you hope Weta gets the licence [which they will] and SS doesn't because of the eventual secondary value is not a valid point. The value of almost all SS/Weta piece produced in the last two years is less than retail and unless Weta goes for really low ES's they will be of no more/less value than SS's.

And no, I am not mad that I have sold some of my Weta piece's because :
a].I only sold the one's I didn't like, or had duplicates of....I still have all the LOTR "bad guy" statues and a few of the "good guys". As well as a few of the Weta Kong statue's and bust's, which are IMO, as good as any LOTR statues ever made, and better than most.
b].I sold them when the LOTR craze was at it's peak :D

As for the topic at hand, I don't really know why any piece's would go up in value, either in the short or long term, though the announcement of The Hobbit has certainly affected the current value of the Bilbo statue. I am pretty confident Weta will create all new statues of Gandalf, Bilbo, the Trolls [before they turned to stone] etc... which I would think might even negatively affect the value of some the the current SS/Weta pieces already available.

Last edited:
Back