What next for Hot Toy's VGM Resident Evil line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wesker

Super Freak
Reaction score
Once BSAA Jill is released its not clear whether we'll see anymore figures as part of the VGM line or if all upcoming Resident Evil figures will be based on the films. So this topic is just to brainstorm some ideas to keep the line going and see what everyone wants to get done next. :peace

Starting with the RE5, I think there's still a few more figures HT can squeeze out of the license before it runs dry. The most obvious choice is Jill in her battle suit. The challenge here would to maintain the detail of the suit without compromising the movement of the figure. In terms of accessories, she doesn't need much aside from a cloak, bird mask, two sub machine guns and a magnetic control device that works similar to the radios on past Resident Evil figures. An alternate head with a PO'd expression wouldn't hurt either.

d6s2h.jpg

Another option is Chris Redfield in his flashback BSAA uniform which appears in both RE5/Lost in Nightmares and the upcoming 3DS game. Its a good opportunity for HT to upgrade Chris to the new muscle bodies Wolverine and the T-800 use. The question is whether people want another Chris and if the costume is too similar to the STARS version.

RE5GoldChris.png

Lastly there's the Executioner. The costume should be fairly easy to make and it could use the same body as the Berserker Predator. All they need to figure out is how to add those pins and needles.

564px-Executioner.jpg

Moving on to the series as a whole would be a great chance to flesh out some of the STARS team. Ideally the focus should be on the core members (Jill, Barry and Rebecca) rather than the minor characters.

v7tqxe.jpg

Out of the four main protagonists of the series, Claire Redfield is the only one who hasn't been made. Her RE2 appearance is her most iconic but the Code Veronica outfit is just as visually appealling. Both costumes were modernized for Darkside Chronicles last year so it may be a good idea to use that as a reference over the originals.

1zw212.jpg

2d9zc4o.jpg

Ada Wong is another important character who hasn't been done yet. Her RE2 costume would fit in perfectly with Claire and RPD Leon, but the gown from RE4 represents Ada at the height of her popularity. Given the ammount of exposed skin it might be a good idea to see how HT handles Alice in the red dress first. That way any potential flaws can be corrected for Ada.

250px-Ada1.jpg

When it comes to monsters I don't think any creature is as iconic as the Nemesis. There are two options as to which look HT can go with - the rough look from RE3's cinematics or the smooth skin version used in artwork and the second film. My preference would be the rough version. Accessories can include a rocket launcher, tenticles and battle damaged parts.

29yl6dx.jpg

Your suggestions? Feedback? Lets get the ball rolling! :panic:

Well I have a sad sad sad feeling we won't see any more (hope I'm severely wrong) RE game figures till the next big RE title (Resident Evil 6) but I would want each and everyone one of those figures you mentioned and then some. Nemesis needs to happen and a Licker in the same style as their Alien figures would be killer

I would buy evey figure posted. But yeah I see a possible battle suit Jill but thats it for awhile (as much as it pains me to say although it's better for my wallet) as far a game figures are concerned. Executioner is possible since HT has obtained the right to the new movie and he's in it but he'd need a larger and taller body than the even the Berserker Pred. Form what I understand, HT also has the rights to the other movies so a movie Jill and Nemesis are also possible too but Nemesis would require a whole new bodya aswell.

Well I have a sad sad sad feeling we won't see any more (hope I'm severely wrong) RE game figures till the next big RE title (Resident Evil 6) but I would want each and everyone one of those figures you mentioned and then some. Nemesis needs to happen and a Licker in the same style as their Alien figures would be killer

Their will be a resident evil 6 ? Im guessing not until 2013.

I'd like to see the ones originally mentioned as well as these made.

Hunk

Hunk.jpg

RE2 Female Zombie

residentevil2_zombiefemale.jpg

Carlos Oliveira

Carlos_Oliveira-1.jpg

William G4

residentevil2_g4.jpg

Tyrant

tyrant_1.jpg

RE3 Jill

resident-evil-jill-valentine01.jpg

Mr. X

resident-evil-the-many-looks-of-the-infected-20090226023222740-000.jpg

Alexia

resident-evil-the-many-looks-of-the-infected-20090226023921485-000.jpg

All awesome ideas and all figures I'd get. Tyrant and William would be so sick. Both would need to be 18" to 19" tall to be in correct scale. RE3 Jill would be a grail figure.

1. STARS Jill (MAYBE battlesuit)
  2. Hunk (with a cool case holding the T-Virus)
  3. Nemesis

After that, I will gladly retire from the RE line.

One alternative to the classic games is releasing figures as tie ins to Capcom's smaller releases. We got Revelations next year, potential sequels to Degeneration and Chronicles after that..

They won't get as many figures as RE5 did, but even like - one Chris Redfield to tie in to Revelations and thats it for 2011 - I think that alone is enough to keep fans occupied while HT focuses on other video games.

One alternative to the classic games is releasing figures as tie ins to Capcom's smaller releases. We got Revelations next year, potential sequels to Degeneration and Chronicles after that..

They won't get as many figures as RE5 did, but even like - one Chris Redfield to tie in to Revelations and thats it for 2011 - I think that alone is enough to keep fans occupied while HT focuses on other video games.

if they did figures from revelations ( and sadly i doubt they will) we could potentially get a Hunk out of it.

I'm still irritated HT didn't make HUNK or Ada for their RE4 line.

Me too! Hunk and Ada seemed like a no brainer. Still wish I jumped on Leon when I had the chance years ago.

I'd like to see an Executioner also. Aside from Wesker there is no "bad guys" from RE5. The chainsaw zombie won't be a bad idea either but the Ganado from RE4 didn't sell well enough for us to see it.

I want The Executioner from RE5 or RE:Afterlife. 15" tall
residentevil224.jpg

Last edited:
When he stands up straight, the male characters barely reach his elbows. According to his stats on the package of the NECA figure, it says the Executioner is 235cm (7'8").

Back