What just happened???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I started right before Christmas in 2009, I told myself that I would get a Batman and Iron Man, maybe a Terminator and then be done. Even then it took a whole lot of convincing to myself to spend $110 on my first Hot Toys figure; an original Mark 2. At that point spending just that much on a toy boggled my mind.

3 years and 25 figures later I wonder what the hell happened to the plan.

Been collecting since Jan 2013 and I have 14 hot toys already.

Well you're on quite a pace at roughly 5 per month!

When I started right before Christmas in 2009, I told myself that I would get a Batman and Iron Man, maybe a Terminator and then be done. Even then it took a whole lot of convincing to myself to spend $110 on my first Hot Toys figure; an original Mark 2. At that point spending just that much on a toy boggled my mind.

3 years and 25 figures later I wonder what the hell happened to the plan.

LOL, see that's exactly what i'm talking about. ha!

Well you're on quite a pace at roughly 5 per month!

Ya I bought all the ones I wanted right away (new and old) from my favorite movies/films.

Its about to slow way down. Just 2 more avengers, amazing spiderman(possibly), and man of steel figures when and if they are released. Maybe I'll pick up a battle damaged t2 (not sure yet, as I already have t1 t800 and dx10), and that's it for the foreseeable future.

When all of my preorders come in from TDKR, Avengers and the new Joe movie, I will have 20 plus the tumbler and pod since July 2012. That is until IM3 comes out.

dphkyf.gif

is this still happening!!!!??

WTF is happening!!!!?

Why both writing on a thread if it doesn't interest you? Sick of people writing crap on a thread when they don't like or agree with the topic. Normal people just move on to a thread they are interested in.

Its about to slow way down. Just 2 more avengers, amazing spiderman(possibly), and man of steel figures when and if they are released. Maybe I'll pick up a battle damaged t2 (not sure yet, as I already have t1 t800 and dx10), and that's it for the foreseeable future.

famous last words. i keep saying i'll be done when tdk is done. we'll see how that goes. mwahahahahahaha ~

I started collecting these when I was 18 and the first figure I bought was Wolverine to 'test' whether or not I would stop collecting 6" figures and start getting Hot Toys, I was really impressed and haven't bought a 6" figure since. My second figure was Blade and now just over 3 years later I've bought 21 Hot Toys (19 in my possession because I sold 2) and I have another 6 on pre-order. Now I'm just waiting on Iron Man 3 to see how many of those I'll be getting!

I started collecting HT's back when the original Batman begins came out -not the remake. Back then the figure came with a certificate of authenticity and was limited to something like 1000. I have owned close to 40 HT's. some I have sold. I am down to about 35 now,with more coming. It is an addiction, but I have resolved myself to cutting way back. Running out of space.

off the top of my head...

RE4 Leon
Jack Sparrow ( 1st release)
Davey Jones
Hicks
Vasquez
Hudson
Apone
Drake
Ripley
Power Loader W/Ripley
Predator 2
PRedator
Predator 2 elder
Chris Reeve Superman
Iron man MK2 armor unleashed
Iron man Mk6
War MAchine
Spiderman ( SM3 ver)
Thor ( Thor movie ver)
Transformed Jack Krauser
Black Widow ( Iron man 2)
Cap, First Avenger Ver
Cap, Avengers Version
REd Skull
Iron Monger
Hawkeye
Nick Fury
DX Jack Sparrow
DX luke
Dutch
Chris redfield ( Stars)
Albert Wesker (Stars)
Ezio
V1 Joker

and tons of sideshow and other figures ported to truetypes

I know there is more than that, but they're in storage across on the other side of the state :lol

I just realized.....I started collecting Hot Toys figures about a year ago. And now I have EIGHTEEN of them!

That's not that bad

Started out in Feb with my first HT purchase with the pre-order of the Mark VII.

One month later and I have the Mark 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, Monger and Gantry Set.

:cuckoo:

This on the other hand is

A big congrats on 18,they are addicting and so damn fun to collect as the Hot Toys Bane which I just got once again proves ! How addicting one might ask , well I was into Medicom RAH figures before Hot Toys and i'm still into Sideshow1/6th releases. Hot Toys is bar far my best Crack . I own every figure in my Flickr photo page. Here's the link :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hunterd1/

Its an addiction alright. Hot Toys is one of the most addicting versions of plastic crack available.

Once you try it for the 1st time, you just keep chasing the buzz.. over and over again.

Every once and a while a figure comes along, like the Iron Monger, and its like getting high for the 1st time all over again.

:exactly:

When people buy figures because they're trending and it's cool to have them and not because they really want the figures, that's when it's a problem.

Do you buy because you want the figure or to satisfy the need for a new figure to open?

For many with big numbers i think it's the latter, buying for the sake of buying.

Back