What just happened???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have about 50+ hot toys after 2 years of collecting. the aim is to double that number before 2013 ends. i can live with only 1 lung, 1 kidney and i feel that i dont need all this blood every week anyway so yeah!

Well for me personally, I only collect super heroes so there's only so many that I can buy. I'll never buy a Star Wars, Predator, Sucker Punch, video game etc figure. And I'm not a completist so I don't need to have every single figure.

But it sure is a great time to start, the super hero HT figures are coming out in record numbers right now with TDKR, Avengers, IM3 and all of the other upcoming movies.

Well for me personally, I only collect super heroes so there's only so many that I can buy. I'll never buy a Star Wars, Predator, Sucker Punch, video game etc figure. And I'm not a completist so I don't need to have every single figure.

But it sure is a great time to start, the super hero HT figures are coming out in record numbers right now with TDKR, Avengers, IM3 and all of the other upcoming movies.

Pretty much sums up my collecting as well except I mixed in characters from movies that resonated with me as well such as godfather, terminator and bespin Luke. Its weird I only have an urge to collect the main character not the side characters or villians. As a result, I only have 1 batman figure I feel no need to own them all nor all of the villains. In fact all I have is dx12 from that film property and I am quite content.

Doing the same with avengers versions, once I get them all, i wont be buying the sequel film versions regardless how minimal the suit changes are

I only have 1 batman figure I feel no need to own them all nor all of the villains. In fact all I have is dx12 from that film property and I am quite content.

Same here, i sold my Jokers and original Batman and now just have the DX12 to represent that franchise.

Doing the same with avengers versions, once I get them all, i wont be buying the sequel film versions regardless how minimal the suit changes are

So no more Iron Man from his newest movie? :rolleyes:

I've got my Wolverine, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Cap & War Machine sorted.

Iron Patriot will probably be bought to pose with Spidey, other than that there's no new superheroes or villains coming for me to get, most upcoming figures will all be repeats :monkey2

They won't be doing Kick ***, probably won't be doing Silver Samurai from The Wolverine, probably won't release any XFC figures and I doubt they'll do any Guardians as they'll all require new bodies each

When people buy figures because they're trending and it's cool to have them and not because they really want the figures, that's when it's a problem.

Do you buy because you want the figure or to satisfy the need for a new figure to open?

For many with big numbers i think it's the latter, buying for the sake of buying.

That's how it was for me at first, it was like I just had to have it regardless if I wanted it, but as time went by I managed to cut down and only focus on certain lines and figures, now it's only if its a figure I want or if it fits into the collection, no more crazy buying and no longer a completist :)

A big congrats on 18,they are addicting and so damn fun to collect as the Hot Toys Bane which I just got once again proves ! How addicting one might ask , well I was into Medicom RAH figures before Hot Toys and i'm still into Sideshow1/6th releases. Hot Toys is bar far my best Crack . I own every figure in my Flickr photo page. Here's the link :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hunterd1/

I absolutely love your Flickr photos! You have some wonderful creativity! :rock

It is an addiction, I started in 2009 and own over 120 figures, ran out of room and to trim almost most half so down to around 75 now.

:thud:

I managed to keep my collection of Hot Toys fairly limited, but still.

June 2012, 3 weeks before my wedding, I go on eBay and buy both the Iron Man Mk.2AU and Mk.5 off of the same seller. That same week, I grab the Avengers Mk.6 from SSC. A week later, I find War Machine at a local toy convention for a good price, and at the same time, I preorder the Mk.1 ver2 and the Mk.4 with Gantry (both of which I have since received when they released).

Needless to say, I love my collection of Ironmen, but this was clearly NOT a good idea to start mere weeks before my wedding day. :D

Fortunately for me, my wife is pretty understanding about this; I've been a collector of Transformers, Gundams, various robot stuff and anime figures for years now, and she's put up with it all the time we were dating. She did find it odd that I was buying Ironmen, but never really asked any questions. :)

I am fairly new to collecting figures. Movies and CDs I have been collecting for a long time, but figures... that's quite new and already feels like an addiction.

Luckily my strongest interest seems to be limited to Iron Man at the moment. I previously had a short phase of Star Wars, but that has passed luckily after buying some 8 figures from Kotobukiya and two Hasbro modells (Tie-Fighter and X-Wing).

With my recent purchases of DX11 and DX12 I feel no strong desire to collect more from the Batman universe. Figures like Kane or Gordon or the early movies and TV series are not that interesting to me... at least for now.

But Iron Man... he is really on my mind at the moment. :panic:

Back