What is your favorite Spider-Man movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite Spider-Man movie?

• Spider-Man (1977 TV Movie)

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Spider-Man (2002)

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Spider-Man 2 (2004)

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Spider-Man 3 (2007)

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the more important question is which actor is better as Spider-Man. I feel that Andrew is waaaaaayyyyyyy better than Tobey. Looking back at the first series after seeing the two new films, Tobey is the emo Spider-Man even before he gets the black suit. I really liked the casting of the Raimi films as far as the villains were concerned excluding Venom. Eric Foreman doesn't make a convincing Venom in my book. And I've heard a lot of people ragging on Emma Stone too, which I don't see a basis for but that's just my opinion. I look forward to seeing where The Amazing Spider-Man series goes next.

That's funny, I've seen almost nothing but praise for Emma Stone. . .

To me, Tobey IS Peter Parker, and Garfield IS Spider-Man. But both were somewhat lacking in the alter ego department IMO.

tumblr_m1vdhhEZwv1qg68t2o1_500.jpg

It'd be interesting to see Raimi pull a George Lucas and go back with the ASM2 effects team and replace all the CG in SM1 and 2 with updated visuals. The web slinging in ASM2 was almost frightening in how it really seemed like the camera was tracking a guy flying through the air. I really got the impression that any slip up in his other-worldly agility and he'd be a red and blue stain on the street and it was a bit unsettling (in a good way.) I never got that impresson watching the weightless CG Spidey float around safely in the Raimi flicks.

even the spidey action in asm 1 was more realistic than any of the raimi movies

I think the more important question is which actor is better as Spider-Man. I feel that Andrew is waaaaaayyyyyyy better than Tobey. Looking back at the first series after seeing the two new films, Tobey is the emo Spider-Man even before he gets the black suit. I really liked the casting of the Raimi films as far as the villains were concerned excluding Venom. Eric Foreman doesn't make a convincing Venom in my book. And I've heard a lot of people ragging on Emma Stone too, which I don't see a basis for but that's just my opinion. I look forward to seeing where The Amazing Spider-Man series goes next.

That's funny, I've seen almost nothing but praise for Emma Stone. . .

To me, Tobey IS Peter Parker, and Garfield IS Spider-Man. But both were somewhat lacking in the alter ego department IMO.

this is exactly right.
Garfield to me doesn't really do Peter Parker well. he is too cool and too handsome and too cocky for being Peter.

On the other Hand Tobey is perfect as peter, the nerdiness, the awkwardness, the hair the clothes etc. he does peter really well. But as spiderman he always felt too bulky for me, he wasn't slim enough and his personality as spiderman was not that great either.

Tobey did well for the nerdy aspect of Parker, the clothes and actions worked well. But I don't like Maguire's monotone delivery and his mumbling acting. And once Peter becomes Spider-man, he even changes his civilian look as he grows in confidence.

Andrew is the total package overall. Though his Parker is reflected more as the modern-esque outcast/loner as opposed to the nerd. And if you're familiar with "Ultimate Spider-man the comic" than you probably appreciate him more as he is almost the splitting image of that Peter. However, I feel he is waaaaay better than Tobey's depiction. He even gave Spidey a New York accent, something that was sort of "lost" in the Raimi series. He's a New Yorker and he's New York's superhero much like Batman is Gotham's superhero. His Spidey, well, he's nailed the character. The quirkiness, the humor, even the wiry, athletic, slender appearance. He basically looks like Mark Bagley's Spidey come to life.

I feel they have the best Spider-man they can get.

did anyone here ever saw that Spider-Man (1977 TV Movie)?

what was that like?

did anyone here ever saw that Spider-Man (1977 TV Movie)?

what was that like?

It was awesome. Not by today's standards sure, but I used to love Thanksgiving cause there was a station that would play those and the old Batman movie and series all day when I was a kid.

Spiderman 02 for me. I can't remember much from 2 but i know people say its the best one.

I think the more important question is which actor is better as Spider-Man.
Actually that's the most stupid one.
There's no definitive Spider-man/Peter Parker thus there's no ideal/better actor.
It's about the direction of a movie and how chosen actor (and his acting) fit in.

I voted SM1. I forgot how much I loved the way his origin played out in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back