What is the earliest song you remember loving as a kid?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xipotec

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not the teenage band fixation, but much earlier.....

What is the song you hear today that you can remember loving as a child? Or the song that you remember hearing as a child and it takes you back to that time?

It may be a song you really hate now, but still takes you back.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berlin's Take My Breath Away comes to mind from Top Gun. Still like that song.

Or, for that matter, other songs in that soundtrack - You've Lost that Loving Feeling and Great Balls of Fire

It was and is usually a movie that brings my attention to a song.

Last edited:
I don't know if it was an album or a compilation of bands, but it was a pink coloured cassette tape with black printing, I'd listen to on a mono tape player/recorder .. the song was 'Iko Iko' ... which I only just looked up and now know was a 1972 cover by Dr. John, although I wouldn't have heard it until about 1975 or 1976, given my earliest memories are somewhere between the ages of 2 and 3.

I don't remember encountering the song again until that movie 'Satisfaction' with Justine Bateman (with Liam Neeson and Julia Roberts!?) which is listed as 1988, but I thought I was much younger when I saw that, guess not, I would have been around 15.

I don't think that there was anyone who wasn't into Thriller when it came out.

Absolutely, but it wasn't the earliest by any stretch. I also remember this compilation on vinyl called 'Rock '81' which amongst other gems had 'Drugs In My Pocket' by The Monks. 8-year old me was all :rock ... :lol

I was OBSESSED with Earth, Wind & Fire and Tower Of Power when I was little. I’d definitely have to say that Fantasy by EWF was the first song I loved. All of those car rides with dad, driving up north in an RV. Good times.

I think the earlier songs I remember as a child are Take On Me by Ah-Ha and Band Aid's Do They Know It's Christmas, both of which were 1984. I remember playing with my new He-Man toys and them being on TV. Take On Me blew me away because of the animation. Happy times.

I was told I used to dance in my playpen when The Hustle came on. Couldn’t walk yet, but I’d hold myself up on the sides.

Earliest song I can remember liking a lot was Tiger by ABBA.

I was told I used to dance in my playpen when The Hustle came on. Couldn’t walk yet, but I’d hold myself up on the sides.

Earliest song I can remember liking a lot was Tiger by ABBA.
My son did the same with Funkytown….It was in Shrek..

Mike Oldfield, Genesis, or Vangelis. Not sure which I remember first; my dad had tapes from all three on rotation in the car.

This song in particular comes to mind. Still love it.

Probably Summer of '69. My dad always used to play that whole album in the car.

Back