What happened to the IKEA Besta display unit ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack00

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don't know, is it ?
It's multiple box on top of others ? I always thought it was a whole single unit :s
Or am I thinking of another display shelve :s

I don't think that's the one, Skaar is supposed to fit into one of those, that box is 25H and skaar is 29H ...

And - You can't get those glass door any longer. They are called 'Tombo', and were discontinued.
The doors they have now have wider, wooden frames, that partially obstruct the view of the items inside.
You can partially see it in my pics:
20150112_131355_zpsf6532413.jpg
20140111_150502_zpsfd01e449.jpg

You want this one. Then add shelves and doors.

BESTÅ Frame - black-brown - IKEA
You are both correct.

The Besta line from IKEA are extremely versatile in that you can build them in several configurations.
The first box posted above is the single unit. This is your basic unit dimension: 23 5/8" x 15 3/4" x 25 1/4".

The second box posted above is the 3x1. This means you have the potential to build 3 units, each with the dimensions I posted. But you don't have to. More on that later.

There is also a box that is a 2x1 and another that's 3x2 (and a few others I believe). You can even buy the box in one color and the shelves in a different color. Or if you prefer, there's also a glass shelf. You can also mix and match the color of the door. Most here have opted for the clear glass door for obvious reasons, but Besta also offers wood, tinted, and frosted doors. It's all up to you!

Now, going back to when I said the box has the potential to have 3 units...
This is because the shelves are adjustable. This is important because you can actually fit larger statues (by larger I'm referring to height) by adjusting the shelves. This is how the Gladiator Hulk is able to fit inside the Besta. But this has limitations because of the doors. Unfortunately, IKEA doesn't offer one tall clear glass as a door. If so, you would be able to fit some very tall statues inside and still have them enclosed. If you must put taller statues inside a Besta, you may do so without a door.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask or PM me.

Well is there anything else I can go if I want glass door ? Even another manufacturer perhaps ?

I'd like to put some single cab Bestas on top of my detolfs. I have my larger items that won't fit inside the detolfs like City of Tanis map room on top the my detolfs. I was hoping to get some singles to put on top. Is the Besta the best thing to use or can someone recommend something else?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448396923.058548.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448396931.430085.jpg

If you're certain you could secure the Besta unit from falling over that would work. It will, however hang over the tops of the Detolf's about 1 inch.
They make a box that's 1 unit high and 3 across. It's made primarily to hold HDTV's and equipment, but with a little time you could cover the center hole with some black stock paper (cardboard).

BESTÅ TV unit - black-brown - IKEA

maxresdefault.jpg

Do this at your own risk. Like I said, if you know without a doubt that it will not tip over then there shouldn't be a problem. If you decide to go this route, you should secure each Detolf to the wall first.

Don't be slave to the Besta :lecture

What else is there :/

Quote Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post

Ikea Glassvik are nice.

They cover too much view imo.

Why on earth would they discontinue those glass doors, they were perfect...

Ikr. Those besta cabinets are like made for SS statues. There are other options but at a crazy high price... I know place near me that sell custom glasses, i'll go check out if they can make me something to replace the doors ikea used to have :/

I found a deltof on eBay but they want 189 or almost double what they used to sell for. Seller has 10

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Wow! They are still available at Ikea. Why would someone sell them for more than retail? Does that price include shipping?

Those cabinets are still available at ikea, but not the doors.
They don't even have a single door for the 75 5/8 H model, you have to buy 3 small doors. WHAT THE ***...

Back