What EU 1/6 figures would you like to see? (Multiple choice)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eu figs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't even know who those characters are (except for Dark Luke, which I can guess), so I voted for Mara Jade 'cause the name sounds like a chick and we need hot chicks in the SW universe (Leia in gold bikini ain't cutting it no more)...
Of course, that begs the question: can SST do hot chicks?

I don't even know who those characters are (except for Dark Luke, which I can guess), so I voted for Mara Jade 'cause the name sounds like a chick and we need hot chicks in the SW universe (Leia in gold bikini ain't cutting it no more)...
Of course, that begs the question: can SST do hot chicks?

Mara jade. the emperor's hand. Trained sith assassin, and eventualy luke's wife.

Mara%20Jade%20Skywalker%20%21%21%21.jpg

TwoMaras.jpg

I picked other and went with Kyle Katarn from Jedi Outcast for PC.

What does it really matter how "recognizable" a character is or how long it's been since their EU story was released or even how good it was?
Why? Because I think the goal is to sell figures that people want, not sell about 5 total to fringe fans and have the line end instantly. There are about 100 other recognizable characters from the REAL SW universe rather than the book/comic nonsense universe(that even lucas doesnt even know exists)...

added)go see how many EU hasbro comic packs are choking the pegs at toysrus and you will see utterly UNPOPULAR EU is...it only appeals to the smallest subset of SW fans and NOONE else.

Why? Because I think the goal is to sell figures that people want, not sell about 5 total to fringe fans and have the line end instantly. There are about 100 other recognizable characters from the REAL SW universe rather than the book/comic nonsense universe(that even lucas doesnt even know exists)...

added)go see how many EU hasbro comic packs are choking the pegs at toysrus and you will see utterly UNPOPULAR EU is...it only appeals to the smallest subset of SW fans and NOONE else.

Regardless, EU has enough fans that someone like Revan or Talon are more than likely to sell out. Be it to fringe fans, hardcore fans or whomever. Asajj sold out no problem. Both regular and exclusive versions.

Star Wars fans are Star Wars fans be they OT purists, fans that embrace the PT or even fans that enjoy the EU. Just because so many people hate the EU doesn't mean there are only a handful of EU fans. There's definitely enough to market to or the EU pieces SSC has released wouldn't be sold out.

In my opinion there's just as much lame crap in the OT as there is in the EU, but I'm not gonna say someone like "random cantina patron #14" isn't gonna sell, because at the end of the day Star Wars fans are Star Wars fans, and when you're talking about a 1/6 figure with and edition size in the high hundreds it's likely it will. Even after fans that want one snag one there's still diehard fans and completionists.

The Hasbro toys aren't really a fair comparison. Those are cheap, mass produced figures. There could easily be several hundred thousand of those made. Just because there's not enough EU fans to buy out the stock of $12 EU sets doesn't mean there's not enough to buy out the stock of a few hundred 1/6 figures. Didn't those Darth Revan Muggs sell pretty well?

EU is just as good as OT or PT in my opinion. Some good ideas and a lot of ridiculousness. Just because a lot of it is crap doesn't mean people won't buy the good stuff.
________
Fetish Video

Last edited:
Though I'd be personally more interested in seeing some of the Rogues, Thrawn is definitely the most interesting of the options above. Kind of Sith-ed out, myself.

What about the Republic Commandos?! :huh

Starkiller or "Vader's Apprentice." He ain't there either. This poll is useless. :lol

that's what "other" is for :D

Thrawn first and formost :rock

Though I'd be personally more interested in seeing some of the Rogues, Thrawn is definitely the most interesting of the options above. Kind of Sith-ed out, myself.

Still saying that thrawn is the mistery EU piece sideshow's got comming.

Back