What do you see when you look at the Amazing Spiderman 2 Costume?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I see...

• A New Costume

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • A copy of the previous trilogy's costume with new eyes and logo

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • A Comic Accurate costume

Votes: 32 37.2%

• Total voters
I seem to recall all you fans attacking the suit for being "not accurate". And look at you now. You fickle fans.

Yea you put Ironman may of gotten big but spiderman is the face of Marvel. I like how some people say Ironman replaced Spiderman due to all the movies he's been in.:cuckoo:

Ironman will never be as big as Spider-man. IM popularity is down to the brilliance of RDjr.

article-0-184A92B1000005DC-372_634x622.jpg

article-0-184A92A5000005DC-307_634x440.jpg

Awful here...

We're seeing what, 20-25 percent of his costume here... Can't really say, but looks promising and yes, reminds me of the Tobey outfit.

Took about 4 pages for someone to finally make the same comment I was thinking.

You're only seeing his upper chest and mask, that doesn't mean the rest of the suit is exactly like Raimi's and the comic books.

It could easily deviate from that in the arms and lower body and be something similar to the original ASM suit. Personally, I wouldn't mind a blend of the two as I did like some of the sleek look from the ASM suit. I don't think EVERYTHING has to be comic accurate.

Took about 4 pages for someone to finally make the same comment I was thinking.

You're only seeing his upper chest and mask, that doesn't mean the rest of the suit is exactly like Raimi's and the comic books.

It could easily deviate from that in the arms and lower body and be something similar to the original ASM suit. Personally, I wouldn't mind a blend of the two as I did like some of the sleek look from the ASM suit. I don't think EVERYTHING has to be comic accurate.

see my post above.
looks awful.

I seem to recall all you fans attacking the suit for being "not accurate". And look at you now. You fickle fans.

The suit is more accurate but too exact to the old one. Right down to the same material, it looks good, just doesn't make sense to jump from the ASM to this. There is a 1.5 that's been skipped over that explains the transition.

see my post above.
looks awful.

It's just too samey to the one from a different canon. There should be some elements of the ASM to bridge the design from the AMs to this.

"You" fans? Are you referring to Raimi fanboys?

The suit employed in ASM was an original design unlike Raimi's (apart for eyes). This new suit has gone back to the source material, the comics. No matter how much it annoys you Raimi did not create Spider-man. That was Lee and Ditko. You should give the comic a read. It's changed over the years but essentially it's design has been pretty basic yet considered by many to be the best costume design in comics.

see my post above.
looks awful.

Yeah, I just caught that after I posted.

Hmm...definitely more comic accurate. Why not keep a slightly different look like ASM? Why try to go for the classic look and copy Raimi?

"You" fans? Are you referring to Raimi fanboys?

The suit employed in ASM was an original design unlike Raimi's (apart for eyes). This new suit has gone back to the source material, the comics. No matter how much it annoys you Raimi did not create Spider-man. That was Lee and Ditko. You should give the comic a read. It's changed over the years but essentially it's design has been pretty basic yet considered by many to be the best costume design in comics.

:goodpost:

Just wish the webbing wasn't raised, that's Raimi's thing not the Comics. Would be more unique from that if the webbing was flat imo.

Even the comic used Raimi's design. The raised webbing and all. In every argument celtic proves he knows nothing about spiderman. Raimi didnt make freaking spiderman lmao.

Yes. A general attack on the angry fans.

It just pissed the hell out of me to see this upsurge of hate towards the original flicks, for pretty much everything, and then having the new movie do the same exact things...and some how it's better?

And now this? It's just straight up insulting man.

Even the comic used Raimi's design. The raised webbing and all. In every argument celtic proves he knows nothing about spiderman. Raimi didnt make freaking spiderman lmao.

You can't even type like a man. But regardless....the comics used Raimi's suit? So Raimi created something the comics took? So essentially, he created something?

Holy Jesus christ.

And you act like I care that I don't know about Spider-Man. I don't. And I won't. I have no interest. From what I hear, i'd probably hate the character anyway.

Yes. A general attack on the angry fans.

It just pissed the hell out of me to see this upsurge of hate towards the original flicks, for pretty much everything, and then having the new movie do the same exact things...and some how it's better?

And now this? It's just straight up insulting man.

Insulting to who? Spider-man 1 and 2 are widely loved by Spider-man fans. 3 was a mixture of good (Sandman) and bad (Venom). As a fan of McFarlanes work its an insult that his version was not used in the movie.

The majority of SM fans enjoyed the first two movies as evidenced by the amount of money they made. So what if a few posters on here who probably grew up after the first trilogy don't like them.

It's hard to tell with the lighting, but it seems they went with a more graphite black color for the webbing. That's one thing I never liked about the Raimi suit, it was too obviously silver, especially in the later movies.

tas2vraimi.jpg

The majority of SM fans enjoyed the first two movies as evidenced by the amount of money they made. So what if a few posters on here who probably grew up after the first trilogy don't like them.

.It's my biggest reason why I really hate the first movie. The fans.

And you think it's just around here? It's everywhere. Even in....*gasp* real life. It was this thing that popped up right after the new movie was announced. And it was annoying as ****.

And now, looking at that suit. I don't even....

There maybe a number of suits including the one in ASM.

I hope so, if his suit gets trashed it forces him to make a new one that'd be a perfect opening for a redesign.

To just appear in this "new" suit would be bad. Since the deisng shares nothing with the ASM suit there needs to be a progression shown otherwise it'll resemble SM4 instead of a sequel to ASM

Why do you get so upset. You admitted your not a fan of the character and have stated you probably wouldn't even like the character if you read to comic. So why did you enjoy the original trilogy about a character you probably hate?

I hope so, if his suit gets trashed it forces him to make a new one that'd be a perfect opening for a redesign.

To just appear in this "new" suit would be bad. Since the deisng shares nothing with the ASM suit there needs to be a progression shown otherwise it'll resemble SM4 instead of a sequel to ASM

I guess we will see. But neither the original trilogy or ASM explained how PP progressed from a very basic costume to such a complex one. I think your better not to become so fixated with that much like how they have went about suit upgrades in Ironman. Do we really want half the movie to be about how the character develops the suit?

Back