1/6 What body came with your Echo Base Han Solo? Poll v2!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What body came with your Echo Base Han Solo?

• Total voters

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Okay, Poll v2 :panic:

I've added the 1.2 as some are getting that body and you can vote more than once!

Original Post
This is not intended as a bash Sideshow thread, so lets not go there, but genuinely curious to see what is the predominant body that came with the Echo Base Han... and if the variation in bodies is specific to which version, or a crap shoot.

And for those unclear about which body is which, this image illustrates the difference. The easiest way to tell the difference is looking at the ab crunch, it's larger and more defined on the 1.1 body:

Pro 1.1, Pro 1.0 and Pro 1.2
(The 1.2 is very similar to the 1.1, but it has larger arms w/o any indentations in the bicep)
052009pro-07.jpg

So when you answer the poll... please pick the version of Han you got (reg brown, ex. blue or ex. brown) and body :duff

Voted. Good poll, galacti.

Very interested to see, as more votes start rolling in.

Count me in as another Blue Coat Ex with the 1.0 and long neck. Fully suited he doesn't look too bad, but once you get the coat open you see how short his torso is. And the forearms look a bit short too which causes a lot of bunching up of the sleeves and problems with the gauntlets. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it. I have a knock off TT narrow shoulders coming that I was going to use to update my Bespin Han, but I may use it on Hoth Han at least to try it out.

Giving these figures different bodies is one of the strangest things I recall Sideshow doing. Has anyone from Sideshow chimed in with an explanation?

We do need to take part of the poll with a grain of salt... only one person has selected a number of the options (cokebabies) and he selected every option when voting. I don't know if it was a mistake or intentional, but I find it very hard to believe one person has a) that many Hans and b) every body variation.

Sadly once a poll is started not even Darklord Dave can alter it.

Yes I immediately dismissed all of cokebabies' selections. But even doing that there still appears to be examples of Hans shipping on a 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2, unless everyone is just screwing around with the poll of course.

(The 1.2 is very similar to the 1.1, but it has larger arms w/o any indentations in the bicep)
052009pro-07.jpg

My Han came on a 1.0 (maybe long neck, not sure how you tell), but I think Luke came on a 1.2, at least that's how it seemed cause the vest was so tight and the forearms and upper arms were thicker than the 1.0. From the opening pic above, the 1.1 and 1.0 have the same arms and shoulder/chest width, right?

The strangest choice of body being the most prevalent so far.

One possible reason for this being done on purpose -- 1.0 on Han -- was Sideshow figured with the shirt, Bespin jacket, and coat, it would make the most sense to put this on a smaller body -- so that the Gauntlets would fit more easily and so it wouldn't be too bulky overall.
Though if that were the case, the 1.1 would still make more sense than the 1.0.

The more likely scenarios are they either swapped the bodies for Luke and Han or they figured with all these layers nobody will care which body is which.

Judging from the proto pics I would guess Luke is on a 1.0 or 1.1 (based on the narrower shoulders and the bagginess of the sleeves. And Han was probably on the 1.2--can't imagine they had the Bespin coat on way back then.

052009pro-07.jpg

My Han came on a 1.0 (maybe long neck, not sure how you tell), but I think Luke came on a 1.2, at least that's how it seemed cause the vest was so tight and the forearms and upper arms were thicker than the 1.0. From the opening pic above, the 1.1 and 1.0 have the same arms and shoulder/chest width, right?

I think you are right about Luke, in looking at the photo I took of the body it clearly has different arms and shoulders than the older 1.0 that was next to it. I was thinking the 1.1 had different forearms, but I imagine the color of the plastic would have been different in the promo image to distinguish that.

ed529bdc-91cf-4455-adbf-d28b9025e851_zpsfxlyz3t3.jpg

Dismissing cokebabies, because he ticked every single box including not having the figure, the Pro 1.0 is winning 11-3.

The strangest choice of body being the most prevalent so far.

Has this lottery of bodies ever happened before with a release?

Thanks, that's a good point about the 1.0 still being quite prevalent. I will say this is the only release I can think of where there were different bodies going out.

One possible reason for this being done on purpose -- 1.0 on Han -- was Sideshow figured with the shirt, Bespin jacket, and coat, it would make the most sense to put this on a smaller body -- so that the Gauntlets would fit more easily and so it wouldn't be too bulky overall.
Though if that were the case, the 1.1 would still make more sense than the 1.0.

The more likely scenarios are they either swapped the bodies for Luke and Han or they figured with all these layers nobody will care which body is which.

Judging from the proto pics I would guess Luke is on a 1.0 or 1.1 (based on the narrower shoulders and the bagginess of the sleeves. And Han was probably on the 1.2--can't imagine they had the Bespin coat on way back then.

That's possible... but still odd to use that when the 1.1 would lead to the same fit, but have the required height. It should just be a given that any Luke figure will be shorter than Han.

Back