What Are Your Favorite Movie Poster Designs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inception-Movie-Poster-Christopher-Nolan-Leonardo-DiCaprio.jpg

Loved Inception.. it's at number six in my all time favorite films list.. so unfortunately didn't make the cut in the 'Top Five Films' thread.. good poster too.

Nice Taibhse! Inception is one of the very, very, very, VERY few films I have ever given a 10/10. If a piece of art can be perfect at all, it's Inception for me. So +1 to posting the poster, I thought of going with the one where Cob stands with his back to us in the water.

What is your top 10 Taibhse? Or do we have a thread for that?:lol

I had a feeling there might be another thread, seemed unlikely it had never been done before.. I was looking in the wrong place because I expected it to be in a 'Collecting' part of the forum.

agreed, I would expect a thread like this to be in the collecting section as well

Nice Taibhse! Inception is one of the very, very, very, VERY few films I have ever given a 10/10. If a piece of art can be perfect at all, it's Inception for me. So +1 to posting the poster, I thought of going with the one where Cob stands with his back to us in the water.

What is your top 10 Taibhse? Or do we have a thread for that?:lol

This one?

I think I prefer the one xjamiex used, because it neatly illustrates the film's story about perception being an illusion.. in the UK the film was mainly advertised with the posters showing the actors standing in the street.. and unless you looked closer it was possible to miss the fact the street turned vertically upwards at the back.

I haven't made a thread for my top ten films :lol ..but the extra five are currently (this part of the list tends to vary a bit):

6. Inception
7. Aliens
8. Iron Man
9. Avatar
10. Finding Nemo

Blade Runner, Excalibur, Escape From NY, King Kong 76, Godzilla vs Megalon, ROTLA(rope over shoulder version). To me today's posters are nothing compared to the pre Internet jobs. Years ago for many it was the poster itself that got you to see a film. Some films were total sheet but the poster was awesome. I'll never forget Galaxy of Terror. Lol oh man it was bad, but the poster was kick ass

Blade Runner, Excalibur, Escape From NY, King Kong 76, Godzilla vs Megalon, ROTLA(rope over shoulder version). To me today's posters are nothing compared to the pre Internet jobs. Years ago for many it was the poster itself that got you to see a film. Some films were total sheet but the poster was awesome. I'll never forget Galaxy of Terror. Lol oh man it was bad, but the poster was kick ass

This one? -

I collect them, but I only get the style that doesn't have the title of the movie. They usually show something that screams what the movie is and is recognizable to those who are into it like the following poster...

marko-manev-predator.jpg

I collect them, but I only get the style that doesn't have the title of the movie. They usually show something that screams what the movie is and is recognizable to those who are into it like the following poster...

View attachment 114742

Awesome poster! :rock ... haven't seen that image before.

03_27723_0_House.jpg

fright_night_xlg.jpg

does anyone remember the fright night vhs cassette at the video store it came in the coffin shaped case.

A 1970's poster with a great 1920's almost Art Deco riff going on -

9780879519049.gif

This place (Reel Poster Gallery) did a series of books, from the 1930's - 1990's with images of the most popular movies/posters from that decade. Lots of stuff pictured from around the world. If you're a fan of film and/or posters you might want to check them out. You might see something you've never come accross before for a title you're familiar with.

Back