What Are Your Favorite Movie Poster Designs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taibhse

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since Movie Posters are collectibles.. indeed some of them fetch scary prices on the secondary market.. I thought it would be interesting to have a thread dedicated to people's favorite movie poster art work.. my top three -

Re: What Are Your Favorite Movie Poster Designs

Have this one hanging up in my room

raging_bull.jpg

coolhandluke1967us6sht1750.jpg

Cool Hand Luke 6-sheet. This is huge, approx 81"x81". Great art though.

Harakiri_Italy_Ciriello_63.jpg

Italian poster for Harakiri. Great samurai flick.

13572.jpg

Vanishing Point, Japanese poster.

I used to deal in original posters years ago and these were 3 (of many) that I always liked a lot.

The Raging Bull poster is excellent, so is the bold, color artwork for that Italian version of the Harakiri poster.. not a film I'm familiar with, will have to do some research.

Agreed, the 60s produced some very stylish posters, that third Point Blanck has a rather Warhol-esque feel to it.

Another Batman poster I rate highly -

You can't go wrong with Struzan. In fact, when I saw this thread I assumed most folks would be posting those. His BTTF and Indy posters are as iconic as they get.

Thanks for stealing my idea god dammit!

Na just kidding, nice Taibhse!:lol

Thankfully I'm the first to post this one:
the_dark_knight_movie_poster.jpg

ent_2943_1753.jpg

Dunno why two of 'm don't show up. Anyway, they were the original Matrix and American Beauty posters. Can't find good versions of them.
American-Beauty-1999.jpg

5043251837_27d8cfb02c_z.jpg

Honestly I think Nolan's main Batman Trilogy and Inception posters are about the only post-2000 ones I really find appealing when it comes to movies. That I can think of anyway,

It's a bit like records, on any given day I'd give you three completely different answers. I couldn't pick 3 all time best, there's so many from around the world you could talk about, for some many reasons - but from my own collection, my favourites (tho oddly none of them rare) theatrical posters are -

Alien (2003 Director's Cut release UK Quad, silver mylar with glow in the dark egg cutout)
Superman (1978 US Insert - for me the best presentation of Peak's artwork, as it's full bleed too)
Kill Bill Vol 1 (2002 UK quad)

Non-theatrical fave - Killian's Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Style D) - The Jessica Rabbit "I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way" one. Gorgeous print on mylar.

Oops.. double post so thought I would drop in a classic poster to replace it -

Last edited:
Thanks for stealing my idea god dammit!

Na just kidding, nice Taibhse!:lol

:hi5:

Agreed, there are a lot of great Batman posters!

I had a feeling there might be another thread, seemed unlikely it had never been done before.. I was looking in the wrong place because I expected it to be in a 'Collecting' part of the forum.

Back