What are you playing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rime.

It's a neat little fantasy game. mostly solving puzzles. No combat. There's s neat monster encounter I've had so far, but you just run. It's a no dialogue game where you slowly unravel the story through little pieces you find in each stage. Neat.

Sounds good, will try it tonight. God bless ps+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About to start Life is Strange. Never played this game and don't really know what to expect but I've heard a lot of good things.

About to start Life is Strange. Never played this game and don't really know what to expect but I've heard a lot of good things.

Gotta get through the first act, it’s a lot of girl drama at first....

And some of that stays through out...but the surprising guy punches you will get later are worth it.

Currently on episode 3

Glad to hear. Finished chapter 1 and while it was filling with girl drama it was also interesting. Definitely checking out the rest.

It had been months since I’d last touched my Switch, so I bought a couple of indie game that I’d been wanting to check out:

- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
- Stardew Valley

I’m about 80% through Shantae and I’ve been having a lot of fun. Its vibrant art design is very appealing.

Stardew Valley’s deceptively complex. I’ve only completed a single season so far so I think I might restart now that I have a stronger grasp of what the game entails. While I haven’t played much of it thus far, it’s plain to see that the game is ideal for the Switch platform.

So far so good!

monster hunter world, never played any of the previous games before and am liking it alot.

Last edited:
Working my way through Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Remix.

I played the original KH and KH2 when they first came out, so I felt like I was prepared, plot-wise, for KH3 to finally come out this year, but then at Christmas I realized that I'd played the first game when my baby brother was less than a year old...and he's now in high school.

So I figured I was in need of a refresher, and I have been enjoying the replay of the first game (also surprised by how much I had forgotten!). I also never beat some of the ancillary games (Chain of Memories, Birth by Sleep, 358/2 Days) so this will allow me to be up on those too. Hopefully I will have time to power through this collection and then the 2.8 remix collection before KH3. (Assuming it actually does come out this year this time.)

I'm playing the horror classic Siren for PS2 for the first time but I got lost on the first level. :slap

I'm playing the horror classic Siren for PS2 for the first time but I got lost on the first level. :slap

I've always wanted to try that one. Let me know how it is if you persevere.

On topic: Stardew Valley for Switch. What a delightful time sink this game is.

PS4 Games:

Rainbow 6 Siege (Outbreak dlc is kinda kool at first but lame afterwards.)

Ghost Recon Wildlands Multi (New Operators are meh)

Ark: Survival Evolved (On Server 311 Island)

NHL18 (Damn good forward Grinder)

Waiting on RDR remaster after seeing LA NOIRE remastered... and RDR2... :gah:

Mario Kart 8!

I didn't know you were a "Switch" man Chap.
I haven't had a chance to play Mario Kart 8 yet, but i'm sure I will pick it up at some stage - its kinda a must have with Nintendo, I guess.

Been playing "The Count Lucanor" on Switch - wow, seriously dark, possibly satanic with all of the scary evil goats, etc.

lucanor1.jpg

lucanor2.jpg

Not for everyone, with its very simple graphics, etc. I like it though..

I've always wanted to try that one. Let me know how it is if you persevere.

On topic: Stardew Valley for Switch. What a delightful time sink this game is.

It's made by the team that made Silent Hill but I find it very disorienting because objectives are very vague. Looks like a lot of fun though, and I also have the remake on PS3 so I'll try that out too. I think the original game is also on PS2 Classics on PS4 if you wanna get it without the hassle of getting a PS2 physical copy.

LA Noir....kinda cool, but I can only stand to play one story a day....it’s too repetitive for anything else....

LA Noir....kinda cool, but I can only stand to play one story a day....it’s too repetitive for anything else....

It wasn't even their most popular game and they REMASTER... that one? I mean god sakes, I just want to play as John Marston again on my PS4 without paying for a clouded version...

Never finished it, so I actually recently rebought it. Also bought the Euro copy of Siren 2 which I hear is better. Ever play the PS3 reboot? That one I actually beat.

Sent from my 404SC using Tapatalk

Never finished it, so I actually recently rebought it. Also bought the Euro copy of Siren 2 which I hear is better. Ever play the PS3 reboot? That one I actually beat.

Sent from my 404SC using Tapatalk

I have the reboot on PS3 but haven't tried it. Is it good?

I have the reboot on PS3 but haven't tried it. Is it good?

I liked it. They made it so that it wasn't pure stealth in the sense that you could somewhat defend yourself and run away if discovered instead of the whole insta-death from the original. They also whitewashed some of the main characters for some reason, but it doesn't detract.

Working my way through Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Remix.

I played the original KH and KH2 when they first came out, so I felt like I was prepared, plot-wise, for KH3 to finally come out this year, but then at Christmas I realized that I'd played the first game when my baby brother was less than a year old...and he's now in high school.

So I figured I was in need of a refresher, and I have been enjoying the replay of the first game (also surprised by how much I had forgotten!). I also never beat some of the ancillary games (Chain of Memories, Birth by Sleep, 358/2 Days) so this will allow me to be up on those too. Hopefully I will have time to power through this collection and then the 2.8 remix collection before KH3. (Assuming it actually does come out this year this time.)

I started this years ago when 1.5 first released on PS3. I got to the Snow White world as Terra in Birth By Sleep late last year and haven't touched it since. Made a deal to play all the Dark Souls games so I've been focusing on that.

Speaking of currently playing:

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (PS4 ver.)
Shenmue II (Xbox ver.)

I recently completed Dark Souls 1 and loved it. The lore behind it is amazing. Also "finished" Mario Odyssey, but there's so much to do post game I haven't gotten around to it.

Back