WGP's "Sam J Jones" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's "Sam J Jones" thread- Next Character announced!

Any way to use a rubber or vinyl so the weight wouldn't be so great? Like the old McFarland Spawn wings?

Resin by default. They can be cast in metal but I think that would be the expensive solution. I'll let you know when we get there. :)

Yeah metal would cost a lot and could also cause balancing issues with the whole figure....the Transformers I owned with a lot of diecast were always the ones that fell over when one of my gerbils farted!

What base body do you think will work best for Vultan?

Last edited:

Re: sdabbs last post: That Sam J. Jones head is looking sweet!

Loving the sword as well...

:clap:clap:clap

Seconded!

I met him at a convention a few weeks back and the first thing I heard upon entering the venue was his thunderous tones saying "TRICK OR TREAT!" as part of some anecdote he was telling which set up the day rather well :lol

Whilst I was in the queue for his photo session he made several people jump as he let loose an earth shattering "GORDON'S ALIVE!" and seconds later a guy in a Flash Gordon t-shirt emerged from the room where the photo session was, punched the air and said "He did it!" :lol

He had everyone in his vicinity in fits of laughter as he was giving a running commentary on the entire queue and I was suprised the photographer could keep his camera steady and he was great with everyone I saw him interact with even though things had to be kept brief due to the need to keep the queues running.

WGP
What are Vultan's wings going to be made of?

That's awesome, he seems like a top bloke. :lol

wings-redemption-spawn-12inch.jpg

Seconded!

I met him at a convention a few weeks back and the first thing I heard upon entering the venue was his thunderous tones saying "TRICK OR TREAT!" as part of some anecdote he was telling which set up the day rather well :lol

Whilst I was in the queue for his photo session he made several people jump as he let loose an earth shattering "GORDON'S ALIVE!" and seconds later a guy in a Flash Gordon t-shirt emerged from the room where the photo session was, punched the air and said "He did it!" :lol

He had everyone in his vicinity in fits of laughter as he was giving a running commentary on the entire queue and I was suprised the photographer could keep his camera steady and he was great with everyone I saw him interact with even though things had to be kept brief due to the need to keep the queues running.

WGP

I’ll bet that was an amazing day, indeed. Talk about a personality that fills a room! :lol

DeadLeaves,
He's a real character and it was great to see his enthusiasm for a film he made 30 odd years ago still remains so strong and I heard that he kept messing up the schedules for signing sessions as he insisted on chatting to everyone for a few minutes as he signed the pictures.

If you've never heard his DVD commentary on the Silver Anniversary Edition of Flash Gordon I recommend you check it out as it's hilarious, you'll never see Ming's death scene in the same way when you discover where Brian was when it was being filmed :lol

Ichabod,
It was quite a day for geeking out as I also met Tom Baker who's like royalty to me and Louise Jameson who played Leela alongside Tom's 4th Doctor. They say you should never meet your heroes but I had a positive experience with all 3 and my niece also said Sean Astin was cool so for my first convention I think it turned out very well :)

Ichabod,
It was quite a day for geeking out as I also met Tom Baker who's like royalty to me and Louise Jameson who played Leela alongside Tom's 4th Doctor. They say you should never meet your heroes but I had a positive experience with all 3 and my niece also said Sean Astin was cool so for my first convention I think it turned out very well :)

Sounds, awesome, thecorsair! I’ve had the good fortune to meet many of my favorite celebrities --Sam Jones, Melody Anderson, Monkey Punch, Amber Benson, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Lindsay Wagner, George Takei, Orlando Bloom-- and I must say that they were all very gracious, very friendly people.

Guess the cream rises to the top, as they say...

Sounds, awesome, thecorsair! I’ve had the good fortune to meet many of my favorite celebrities --Sam Jones, Melody Anderson, Monkey Punch, Amber Benson, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Lindsay Wagner, George Takei, Orlando Bloom-- and I must say that they were all very gracious, very friendly people.

Guess the cream rises to the top, as they say...

That's an impressive list ichabod!

I'd not been to a convention before so I was very pleased with how things went. It would have been nice if there'd been more time to chat with each guest but I understand the nature of these events mean they have to keep the queues moving so I wasn't disappointed.

I was talking with someone on another forum who went to the same event dressed as The Phantom of the Opera and he said that Brian spontaneously burst into song as soon as he clapped eyes on him! :lol

I was talking with someone on another forum who went to the same event dressed as The Phantom of the Opera and he said that Brian spontaneously burst into song as soon as he clapped eyes on him! :lol

That’s classic! :clap

hi...:wavethere are news for flash gordon?:impatient::thud:

Can we see this head on a body yet? I'm looking forward to seeing this head on a body.

See it on a body? Can we get it in our hands?
I ordered several heads sooo long ago, I'm actually starting to lose interest in them now.

Can we see this head on a body yet? I'm looking forward to seeing this head on a body.

The new (slightly larger) head that was cast in the big batch with the boots, sword, and belt is still awaiting it's turn at molding, coming up soon. Once it is cast we will have pics.

The new (slightly larger) head that was cast in the big batch with the boots, sword, and belt is still awaiting it's turn at molding, coming up soon. Once it is cast we will have pics.

Glad you went slightly larger. I was planning on using the head on a larger than normal body.

Very exciting! Can’t wait to see the finished pieces --not to mention have them in my hot little paws!

:impatient:

Back