WGP's Classic Star Trek: Sex-You-up Kirk pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Classic Star Trek (being cast now)

thanks for update on color. So basically I'll need to know if people want the 1st season Red uniform or the gold one

Hey man, since you're unfamiliar with the specifics of TOS Trek, I thought I'd try to give you a primer on the uniform variations you might encounter (the heads that have been done so far; Rand had one standard uniform, never changed). I already showed a pic of Sulu's tunic from the pilot: "Where No Man Has Gone Before". Here are Scotty, Kirk, and Spock from that episode:

ScottySuluJimandDoc_zpscc193a04.jpg

Scotty_zps485acc6a.jpg

Where-No-Man-Has-Gone-Before-star-trek-11870639-512-384_zpsae91aabb.jpg

Uhura was in a gold command dress for a couple episodes after that:

P88_8_uhura_zps06f6b55f.jpg

Then, everyone went to the standard uniforms we think of today, including Sulu is gold. He was in red in the single episode "Mirror, Mirror" in an alternate reality, but as you can see, everyone was sporting a different look:

-Mirror-Sulu-and-Uhura-star-trek-couples-8633802-640-480_zps4a219d44.jpg

mirror_mirror_zpsde11c17e.jpg

Kyle_Mirror_Big_zps2d6282aa.jpg

There were some other costume variations, like Kirk's casual tunic and dress uniforms, but I think the ones in the pics cover the variations of the "duty uniform" for the core TOS crew. Dunno how much demand there would be for the "Where No Man Has Gone Before" look, but I'd guess at least some of us would eventually be wild about the "Mirror, Mirror" uniforms, when the time is right. That project would require a few variant heads, namely Spock (with goatee), Sulu (scar, mussed hair) and possibly Uhura (her hair is pretty dramatic, can't remember if it's episode specific?), but that's down the road a ways, need the core crew in regular uniforms first! :yess:

star-trek-tv-series-cast-007_zps63c236b7.jpg

star-trek-tv-series-cast-007_zps63c236b7.jpg

That's what I'm talking 'bout. Just add Yeoman Rand and there's your TOS bridge crew.

Ok I thought that was the colors but you never knoe what people want. the above was what I was going to shoot for.

scotty apears to be the only one in red and bones and spock have blue and sulu and kirk have gold.

rand and uhura had different dresses based on what i have looked at because neck line is different and uhura had rank bands.

chapel had a more silky looking costume similar color to bones and spock but different in texture.

I have a question for you trek fans does chapels collar over lap its self of does it stop on both sides of her badge. if it does then i might beable to make it not look so thick because i ran into a snag. it lookes really thick where the ends overlap because thats 2 layers each making it 4 layers on top of each other not couting a 5 layer(costume).

It's not an issue with the thickness of fabric for costume because its pritty thin but at that point in costume it thick because of layers,upon layers when the two points overlap eachother. it's not like rand and uhura where im using a different fabric. I need to know if your ok with a a gap enough where the badge goes then i can change the collar.

But i need the input of you the fans because I want to please you guys the best i can. im not allowed to show peaks since her sculpt isnt ready.

chapel had a more silky looking costume similar color to bones and spock but different in texture.

Definitely different in texture to the blue tunics! While the duty uniforms looked like a velour, Chapel's dress had a cotton or poly-cotton blend look to it. A bit of a sheen to it, but not really silky. It was a little different color from the science uniform tunics, also, more of a ceil blue - I assume to give it the look of scrubs? In fact, if you were to use ceil blue scrubs for the basis of her uniform, I don't think you could go far wrong. And as for medical uniforms that were made out of different material, McCoy also had a variant short sleeved medical tunic (which I'd LOVE to have at some point) that looked like it was made out of satin, it was so shiny!

I have a question for you trek fans does chapels collar over lap its self of does it stop on both sides of her badge. if it does then i might beable to make it not look so thick because i ran into a snag. it lookes really thick where the ends overlap because thats 2 layers each making it 4 layers on top of each other not couting a 5 layer(costume).

It's not an issue with the thickness of fabric for costume because its pritty thin but at that point in costume it thick because of layers,upon layers when the two points overlap eachother. it's not like rand and uhura where im using a different fabric. I need to know if your ok with a a gap enough where the badge goes then i can change the collar.

That's a great question, one without an easy answer as there were several different treatments of the collar/insignia on her uniform (good news for you, really, because you can pick and choose and it's still 'canon'!) Also notice that Chapel is the only crew member I know of who has the delta shield insignia with a red cross on it!

StarTrekNurseChapel_zpsdf5b180b.jpg

ChristineChapel-109_zps63d594cb.jpg

chapel_christine02_zps1f27bc1a.jpg

nurse-chapel_zpsad9ea33d.jpg

That last pic looks a little fugly to me, but the rest look fine! No matter which one you choose, I don't think the layers will be a problem. The top one looks classy to me, but any one of them seems fine. Maybe you could match the style of the uniform to the style of Chapel's hair in the WGP sculpt, to make it sort of episode-specific? Oh, and speaking of the head sculpt:

But i need the input of you the fans because I want to please you guys the best i can. im not allowed to show peaks since her sculpt isn't ready.

:thud: :yess: :impatient: :lol

Im going to strive for the 1st pic since their is an obvious gap between them so thanks and it looks like we will need a special patch for her so i hope rick catches this as well. in fact i think this hair style is better to and will show well as sculpted hair

Ok so im going to remove the current collar and make this one thanks for update.

Hey man, since you're unfamiliar with the specifics of TOS Trek, I thought I'd try to give you a primer on the uniform variations you might encounter (the heads that have been done so far; Rand had one standard uniform, never changed). I already showed a pic of Sulu's tunic from the pilot: "Where No Man Has Gone Before". Here are Scotty, Kirk, and Spock from that episode:

ScottySuluJimandDoc_zpscc193a04.jpg

While we"re at it let's add Paul Fix as Dr. Piper!! :yess:

I wonder if we are doing the star treck sirenges for bones and chapel. I dont think anyone asked about this piece of equipment before.

hi-tricorder-getty-71566431-8col.jpg

his medical equipment also tricorder

medical scanner
tric-miri-straighthandle.jpg

Star-Trek-The-Original-Series-TV-1966-movie-props.jpg

Last edited:

in order to make this im sure rick will neeed votes for these equipment

this tiny medical scanner might not be able to be made

McCoy-Medical-Scanner.jpg

Dr-McCoys-Alien-Medical-Scanner.jpg

Last edited:

equipment i know has to be made is as follows.

2 part phaser
Star-Trek-The-Original-Series-TV-1966-other-replicas.jpg

Star-Trek-The-Original-Series-TV-1966-prop-weapons.jpg

im not sure with uhura becasue she is wave two to see if this will be attached to her ear or will be a removable piece.

Uhura-Comm-Receiver.jpg

Im going to strive for the 1st pic since their is an obvious gap between them so thanks and it looks like we will need a special patch for her so i hope rick catches this as well. in fact i think this hair style is better to and will show well as sculpted hair

Ok so im going to remove the current collar and make this one thanks for update.

Hooray! I was thing that this is just a great, classy look for Chapel. Majel Barrett-Roddenberry wore some pretty crazy wigs in this role, but the hairstyle in this pic just looks professional and would obviously look good sculpted. My second choice would have been the upswept 'do from, say, Amok time, but this look is my favorite for her! :hi5:

im not sure with uhura becasue she is wave two to see if this will be attached to her ear or will be a removable piece.

Uhura-Comm-Receiver.jpg

My thought is that separate is definitely the way to go. I know it's a tiny, delicate piece, and a defining prop for the character, but I would use it as an accessory - I wouldn't necessarily want to display her with it permanently, and if it was integrated into the sculpt, it would look terrible if it broke off because it is so delicate. Also interested in how it would be made removable...if it's designed to fit into the natural contour of the ear canal and hang there, that would be cool, but if it involves a weird, unnaturally round peg hole in her ear for the earpiece to plug into, I think I'd rather just have it as something she could hold in her hand. I'd rather have a clean, natural looking sculpt than one with a round peg-hole in her head for an accessory to have "functionality". The exception to that would be if peg holes were made for her earlobes so her earings could be done as separate pieces (would have to be made of durable material like Indiana Jones' hat, so they wouldn't break) that could be epoxied in place and have some "dangle" to them. I don't think anyone had ever attempted that bit of engineering for Uhura's sculpt before. While not essential per se, it would take the figure to another level of detail (dare I say "Hot Toys" level?) and look awesome. Something to thing about...

Oh, and YES, I'm in for her earpiece (as a separate accessory)!!

The medical tricorder and syringe are must-have accessories for me, I'm in for those.

I could see why the hand-held scanner might be tricky to pull off easily, but it is also a no-brainer purchase if it can be pulled off, it's that important a prop. Maybe it could be cast in clear resin and painted (Like the PADD/"Rand's space clipboard" that has been done?)

this tiny medical scanner might not be able to be made

McCoy-Medical-Scanner.jpg

To be clear the scanner above is what I'm referring to.

Dr-McCoys-Alien-Medical-Scanner.jpg
[/quote]

Now here, you've stumped me, because I'm not sure what the heck that second scanner even is?? I guess I'm a bad Trekkie/Trekker! :dunno

I hope this much attention to detail is paid to TNG and DS9.

Back