WGP's CLASSIC DOCTOR WHO- SARAH JANE NOW AVAILABLE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Doctor Who (Second revision S18 Tom Baker head pic)

:impatient::impatient::impatient::impatient:
:impatient::impatient::impatient::impatient:

Sheesh, this wait is almost worse than Christmas!

:lol

It has been a long wait at this point, hopefully everything will work out and we can get them soon.

Tease:

Here's a pic of the Brigadier head printed out from before that was fine but too big just so you cab see what it looks like printed. All Who stuff is being printed/reprinted now with all of our other outstanding stuff. :)

8242745_orig.jpg

The Brig looks great. :clap Any idea what kind of time frame we're looking at for all the Who stuff coming in?

Tease:

Here's a pic of the Brigadier head printed out from before that was fine but too big just so you cab see what it looks like printed. All Who stuff is being printed/reprinted now with all of our other outstanding stuff. :)

8242745_orig.jpg

Looks great!

The Brig looks great. :clap Any idea what kind of time frame we're looking at for all the Who stuff coming in?

We've got 22-24 heads being printed right now and about 10 accessories, all of which need to be prepped (sanded) before casting. Heads will be shipped off to be cast as they are completed. Heads with 55 people strong interest threads like Indy will obviously be a priority in getting readied first, as will the Supernatural, Trek, and Galactica lists that are over 30 people strong. Being able to pay back the printers is good!

Sarah has like... um...THREE... people listed as interested. The Brig has...zero. So if we get everything back from the printers by the end of May/beginning of June, I'd say look for our heads to start appearing on sale and of June middle of July?

Just to re-cap, most Who characters are made without actual interest lists needing them to be done because I want them on my shelf. The downside is that we have no idea the actual interest until they are for sale because interested people don't actually need to chime in to get them made (though we appreciate knowing).

The S18 Tom, Romana, The INVASION Brig, and Sarah Jane are all in this lot. As are Toms boot-feet. And something else I'm just not gonna mention because it involves a costume and costumes mean pain. Uh, I mean more time.

Speaking of costumes, I did hear back from Billy B! :blissy
He wants to assure everyone he is still plugging away on S18 Tom and the Planet of Evil Sarah Jane costumes in between his very busy day job and even busier night-job, but does ask once again for people to express interest in either so he can gauge how many he is ultimately looking at.

I am still waiting on the S18 proto scarf from TIMELORD KNITWEAR.
Supposed to have been sent off a month ago. I just sent an E-mail today asking if it was.

Tom and Lalla's sonic screwdriver will be made by the time whenever the costumes are finished to coincide.

K-9 has been printed and he is currently in the hands of a Who fan and model maker to do some things to it, and he will then be making the casts. No ETA. Have been waiting for Wondercon to end till he has a free-er schedule.

Last edited:

Disappointing it will be longer still, but I totally understand going for the higher interest first.

For me, this just means that by the time Sarah's HS is ready to go I'm going to have a build a TARDIS just to house her outfits. Yeah, apparently I'm working my way through all of her serials starting with series 12!:thud:

I totally forgot you're also doing Indy. :gah: That's the last thing I needed to see! Oh, who am I kidding; I'm sure by the time I finish playing Staff of Kings I'll be wanting to put together Indy, too. :lol

Any delay is OK with me as it improves the chances of me being able to buy everything I want all in one go :lol

UPDATE

Hey all, just wanted to give a mass WGP update that we were told all of our massive printing order is supposed to be done by the end of the week (including the later add-ons line Jensen Ackles, Lance Henriksen, etc ). :hi5:

From there they get shipped to Sean in the UK for inspection, which he then cleans and get cast. More updates once we get them in hand!

How's the printing coming on Sarah Jane and the brig? Any estimate? They keep getting pushed back.

How's the printing coming on Sarah Jane and the brig? Any estimate? They keep getting pushed back.

Not intentionally I assure you. :gah: It's been frustrating as hell. We've paid for them to be printed a few times each now and failure prints are expensive. And since Sarah Jane has only four people listed (one pre-paid) as being interested and the Brig has... well, none listed, reprinting them first hasn't been the professional priority, even if they have been a personal priority. Obviously even though they are sculpted the bigger heads with higher interest threads need to get done first.

Anyways, the good news is there's a lot going on with WGP and Who right now. First, the whole 23 WGP head batch got sent off from the printers (with just 22 heads because there was a problem with Sulu), along with the various accessories we sent off, so they are in transit from the US to the UK now.

Once we get them we will basically be sanding and casting them in order of largest interest numbers and pre-pays first, so Trek, Indy with 65 interested, Supernatural with 40 interested each per character, then onto the others.

The re-sized Brig and Sarah are in that lot, as is S18 Tom and Romana- who are technically less important since we are waiting on their costumes to be finished still, (and while we are making Sarah Janes, she doesn't specifically NEED a costume to be "complete".)

The Romana seamstress has just come back from a break after some personal things, so I expect Romana II will still be her costume done first since she was half-way done before.

S18 Tom and Sarah's costumes are by Billy B and I have no idea of a time frame from him.

The last half of 2012 will be pretty big for WGP and Doctor Who gearing up for the big 50, but you'll see those when when they are done with no teasers.

-Rick

If I read that correctly then it'll be the end of the year before we get Sarah and the rest of DW? I didn't realize that we could prepay (not sure where I've been!) But I guess one prepay for such a small interest list that doesn't help much. Figures the printer would mess up like this when so much is coming down the pipe all once now! What is that- Murphy's law? :slap

Thanks for the update!

If I read that correctly then it'll be the end of the year before we get Sarah and the rest of DW? I didn't realize that we could prepay (not sure where I've been!) But I guess one prepay for such a small interest list that doesn't help much. Figures the printer would mess up like this when so much is coming down the pipe all once now! What is that- Murphy's law? :slap

Thanks for the update!

Oh no. Sarah and the Brig should be out within a month and a half for being in such a big printing order (as should the S18 Tom and Lalla).

The rest of the year comment was referring to the various costumes and unmentioned projects. :)

Last edited:

UPDATES

It's always dangerous mentioning time tables in the same sentence as seamstresses no matter how well intentioned, (though I guess the same could be said for printing), but I am told I should expect to see the proto for the Romana II Destiny costume within a few weeks, so sweet! Fingers crossed. It always looked like she would be the first character done firat out of the current batch. :hi5:

K-9 has a different story. He was digitally sculpted by Sean, printed and sent to the caster who is a model maker and a big Who fan. When we asked how the casting was coming we learned he has been... "modifying" K-9. We have no idea what that means but look forward to his results. (laugh)

Any idea when we'll get our hands on Tom's head mate?

The S18 head itself is in the box of printed goodies Sean is expecting from the printers with everything else I have mentioned.

It will be sold individual of the costume as well as part of a full figure.

The deluxe S18 full figure of Tom will come with extra accessories including the severed Gundan head idea I had been wanting to do and perhaps other accessories (besides the obligatory Sonic Screwdriver). Auntie Vanessa?!?

Maybe there ought to be a variant Meglos figuren as well? Maybe not...that sounds like a pain in the arse to cast! (laugh). We'll see!

The S18 head itself is in the box of printed goodies Sean is expecting from the printers with everything else I have mentioned.

It will be sold individual of the costume as well as part of a full figure.

The deluxe S18 full figure of Tom will come with extra accessories including the severed Gundan head idea I had been wanting to do and perhaps other accessories (besides the obligatory Sonic Screwdriver). Auntie Vanessa?!?

Maybe there ought to be a variant Meglos figuren as well? Maybe not...that sounds like a pain in the arse to cast! (laugh). We'll see!

If you do a tiny Auntie Vanessa can I also have a shrunken Tegan to demonstrate what I think should have happened to her? :lol

A Meglos head and hands would be cool if it's possible to do it without too much hassle.

Back from the printers!!

DSCF7510.jpg

Back