Statue Weta Workshop's Bilbo Baggins/Gollum Riddles in the Dark EE Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine yesterday as well, really a nice piece for the price; my only complaint would be that the EE Hobbit doesn't match the style that they used for the LOTR EE versions - the outer slipcase.

Minor nit, now I have to watch the extra 13 mins. :panic:

But the lotr is like a box set anyway so...

Can anyone recommend a good place to pick up the gift set on DVD? I'm having a helluva time trying to find it. So far I've checked Best Buy.com, Amazon, WB shop, & E-bay.

It may well be an Amazon exclusive from a US sale point of view, but from a worldwide point of view, it's totally not exclusive.

Amazon likely just say that in order to boost sales, making everyone/everywhere think buying from them was the only option. At first it didn't show up for pre-order or anything locally, but then a couple of weeks before the EE was due for release, the statue edition was also listed.

That makes sense and doesn't surprise me its not really exclusive. It wouldn't make sense to be that way but I didn't do a ton of investigating either. :lol

afaik the amazon edition only has the statue with the blue-ray disks not DVDs (at least in Europe)

This is a nice piece...Its in scale with the other Weta Barrel Riders and is big and IMHO well worth the money. Its better than the AUJ Bilbo/Gollum EE DVD Statue...no doubts about that....I dont have the OIN BR yet otherwise he woulda been in the photos too

Hmm, I hope this doesn't mean they're not going to produce a Kili and Thorin individual barrel rider? I'm kind of thinking that maybe I shouldn't have passed on the statue version of the EE.

Back