Weta Rayguns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Weta Link provided by Zoomaround above:

"...The Mini ManMelter weighs approximately 120 grams (not including packaging), is slightly larger than a matchbox and is priced at USD $30."

Dang, that is tiny... :google

You know, you could probobly get ahold of a min one and put it with a 1/6 scale fig....

I just unpacked mine.

Plus-
-Fit and finish overall. The velvet has a good grimy look to it. The gun is weathered well and the glass tubes are colored well.
-Weight
-The rod display option
-Packaging. Included the molded case. Excellent!
-Teasing us with other cool stuff from a catalog that will never be physically available. (Although there must be prototypes made of the suit and self-propelled gun thingy, call me if you're sellin' those)

Minuses-(Nitpicks)
-Individual guns are not numbered. The only indicators of the edition number are on the COA and the cardboard shipping box. I don't expect a uniquely molded and numbered gun but some kind of signature or seal on the gun would've been nice.
-I would've like the case to be able to open, or stopped from opening further, around the 100 degree mark. That way the gun is balanced when using the display rod. Removal of the gun from the case causes the case to flop open, further straining the leather straps.
-Statistics are inaccurate as mine was able to vaporize at least 500 guinea pigs.

Thanks Weta for a job well done!
I look forward to receiving the other devices of destruction in this series!
T

Last edited:
I just unpacked mine.

Plus-
-Fit and finish overall. The velvet has a good grimy look to it. The gun is weathered well and the glass tubes are colored well.
-Weight
-The rod display option
-Packaging. Included the molded case. Excellent!
-Teasing us with other cool stuff from a catalog that will never be physically available. (Although there must be prototypes made of the suit and self-propelled gun thingy, call me if you're sellin' those)

Minuses-(Nitpicks)
-Individual guns are not numbered. The only indicators of the edition number are on the COA and the cardboard shipping box. I don't expect a uniquely molded and numbered gun but some kind of signature or seal on the gun would've been nice.
-I would've like the case to be able to open, or stopped from opening further, around the 100 degree mark. That way the gun is balanced when using the display rod. Removal of the gun from the case causes the case to flop open, further straining the leather straps.
-Statistics are inaccurate as mine was able to vaporize at least 500 guinea pigs.

Thanks Weta for a job well done!
I look forward to receiving the other devices of destruction in this series!
T

Pics...........

yeah mine just showed up as well.
Has to be one of the coolest things Ive ever added to my collection.

going out tonite, so im not sure if I can post pics or not, but i'll try.

time to go postal around the office ..... :monkey1

here is a pic from the WETA board of both the Goliathon & FMOM side by side.

https://orinthomas.com/img/DSC02573.JPG

How badly?...

bum.jpg

:D

for all 3 of us interested in these.
I got the other 2 today.

Which included ManMelter #69 .... she's a sexy beast.

RGManMelterCard.jpg

this one was 3 photos pieced together if you notice the transitions.
RG-set.jpg

RGGoliathon1.jpg

RG-FMOM1.jpg

RGManMelter1.jpg

RGset2.jpg

Those are cool and everything, but I was more impressed by the Statues than the guns. I was sad that it was just the guns on sale. :monkey2:monkey2

I love these rayguns as well but a bit too pricey for me. I hope they make more mini rayguns such as the Comic Con Mini Manmelter. That's more my price range. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back