Weta Rayguns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darklord Dave said:
It's a standing tradition that any Weta related topics would stay in LotR section since some people are ONLY here for Weta related topics.

Alright then.

Darklord Dave said:
It's a standing tradition that any Weta related topics would stay in LotR section since some people are ONLY here for Weta related topics.
Dave, you might as well retitle the section back to LOTR/WETA then so as not to confuse all the new peeps that have come on board since the SS/WETA split. .......if ya wanna :monkey1

The rayguns are the hottest thing on the marked right now - and they can even melt an elephant
:chew

PORDEY! ... a nonFLIPPIN CRUSADER!! :rock

... I couldnt resist!

:mwaha

The rayguns are incredible in person. We ended up going back to their case several times just to stare in wonder. :)

I'd love to have one. Or maybe get one for my brother. He'd go crazy for one of those, growing up in '50's and '60's and being a space nut...

I wonder perhaps the guns is just the beginning for this line. Perhaps we will see a statue of this girl:

gallery_02_500h.jpg

or this guy:

gallery_01_500h.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I had a small part of a dream the other night that they were $895. Now I'm not sure how to guage the accuracy of my "vision", but that's my guess for now :gandalf_w

Needless to say, I am less than pleased with the high price tag of my vision.

You must have one of these- a proper galactiboy should not be without his raygun.

Man I wish... I'm sure they'll be much less than my "vision" :lol But sadly, still probably too much for me :monkey2

Good news for those that want to save up for these:

Rayguns availability update
28 August 2006 - The Weta Originals: Rayguns previewed at ComicCon International 2006 will be available for sale next year.

a little question

are these rayguns from any movie ?

Vince said:
a little question

are these rayguns from any movie ?

Nope!
Thats the whole beauty in these.
You see the 'Rayguns' and 'Shadows' lines are apart of Weta new 'Originals' line, which is basically a new expansion of Weta where the sculptors and artists are being given their own Line of original art to produce.
:D
Hope that helps, and I hope to see many more folks at Weta given their own line.

Sideshow Andy said:
I wish they'd give us an estimate SRP already. :confused:
isnt that the truth.
I have a feeling Im going to need to start saving yesterday

Part of the reason why I have been on a cancelling rampage is these Rayguns. Not to mention the Cinemaquette Indy and Jack.

These will be expensive since they have been said to be very limited. I estimate $400 or more as they look to give Master Replicas a run for their money. Like occulum said, start saving yesterday. :monkey3

SolidLiquidFox said:
Good news for those that want to save up for these:

Rayguns availability update
28 August 2006 - The Weta Originals: Rayguns previewed at ComicCon International 2006 will be available for sale next year.

great news SLF!!

Looking forward to them, thanks for the update Solid.

*sigh* had to give up pretty much everything else to afford Sideshow and C.S. Moore :)monkey5 ) and even that it is $300 a month for me.

These guns are cool. Looks like I might be only able to squeeze in one. Hopefully, it won't be on sale around SDCC time or forget it. I couldn't afford this years SDCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back