Weta Rayguns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking28

Super Freak
Reaction score
Did anybody see these at SDCC? How did they look?
I think I might try to pick one up if they aren't to much, I like this one the best
goliath_popup_750.php

Depending on the price point, I may have to pick up one of those.

I think those are really cool, but I have a bad feeling they'll be crazy expensive :monkey2

galactiboy said:
I think those are really cool, but I have a bad feeling they'll be crazy expensive :monkey2
You're probably right, what with the case they come with. They do come with the case right?

as Ive said since I first laid eyes on them, I LOVE them.

from what Ive read, they were on display at SDCC by WETA to guage interest. Supposed to have moving triggers/mechanisms etc.

one of the coolest things unveiled at SDCC IMHO.

I'll do my best to afford them IF theyre released. Ive also read that they may be a little pricey. but if each has a really low ES, it'd be worth it. Id cancel SS stuff to pick up the set.

seen the posters theyve made for them?

gallery_02_500h.jpg

gallery_01_500h.jpg

galactiboy said:

If they could make these $200, they'd sell like hotcakes. The buzz has actually been great on these (more so than I was personally expecting it to be), so the price point just has to be right. They don't look like they'd be cheap though so brace yourselves :monkey4

They should include a poster with each gun as a limited edition set.

quote from SF back when they were being discussed.

Kirbyfan said:
These were my favorite 'preview' at SDCC. By far!! I talked to the guy who made them, and some other guy who worked for WETA and they sounded like they might be in the $400-500 range. Kind of pricey, but man were they cool. They told me that they were toying with the idea of making smaller versions, like some of the SW stuff, and I told them that I for one, wouldn't be interested in 'minis'.

Hmmm so if they will be in the $400-500 range our dealers will have them for cheaper but I wonder by how much.

Viking28 said:
Hmmm so if they will be in the $400-500 range our dealers will have them for cheaper but I wonder by how much.
that and I wonder if sicne there would be more than a couple if theyd be offered as a set at a discount ... and then dealer discount on that too of course :D

Viking28 said:

$250 - $300 would be my guess, if $4-500 is 'retail'.

Then I'll pick up one if it is right around that price! I love how it looks displayed with the case.

I received a WETA e-mail stating:
"Comic Con Revisited" Live Video Broadcast Series
<https://www.wetanz-forums.com/chat>https://www.wetanz-forums.com/chat

We're offering a limited series of live streaming video broadcasts for people who couldn't make it to Comic Con. We are featuring some of the key people behind the two new lines of Weta Originals collectibles - Rayguns and Shadows - that we launched there.

I believe it's today at 4 p.m.

It's a standing tradition that any Weta related topics would stay in LotR section since some people are ONLY here for Weta related topics.

Darklord Dave said:
It's a standing tradition that any Weta related topics would stay in LotR section since some people are ONLY here for Weta related topics.
:chew :chew :chew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back