Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my spot picked out for barad dur...right along side orthanc on this table...

7768377598_5f1ffb25e2.jpg

Shot of my other lotr items..

7768375470_367fe8b366.jpg

My favorite diorama ever - this was my very first order at SS back in feb 2006. No ex and a high es at 1250 and I don't give a >censored< - this piece is a must if you're a LOTR fan.

Got my money from HOLD on the 5-th day from the pre-auth.
It's not 2 weeks, but was pretty bad to me anyway.
Debit cards holder - be carefully with preordering from WETA!

Come on guys dont waste all your money on this, the danbury mint version is loads better and its less then half the price. For the price of this you could pick up the superb original weta Balrog, or even the great weta Cave Troll.? :exactly:

Come on guys dont waste all your money on this, the danbury mint version is loads better and its less then half the price. For the price of this you could pick up the superb original weta Balrog, or even the great weta Cave Troll.? :exactly:

:lol

And I suppose we can save even more by picking up dmkworkshop versions of Rog and probably CT(and we all know the truth about them as well) :wink1:

Loads better? Really? I get you're not a fan of the price but at best the DM version is a nice filler if you decide to not get the Weta version.

Well to be fair the weta version is definitely better. But is it 4 times $500 better? Not a chance in hell.

not price $ amount, but price to value ratio.

For the record, it's the price to value ratio as well that swayed me from purchasing Weta's BD.

I'll be happy waiting for the 1/2 off sale should it come to that. :monkey1

Im no super fan of any one company but I do admit an age old bias I have against DB products. Not sure why but I always associate them with Norman Rockwell plates hung in wire hangers on grandparent's dining room walls.

not price $ amount, but price to value ratio.

I know you love Attakus and sware by them but I know for a fact you would not have paid retail for them so price is a factor too...If by some miracle this goes down 50% I bet you jump on it

Back