Weathered cloths

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrogantPycho

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Quick question for the customizes out there: what's the best way to go about weathering 1/6 cloths? I have a some what large collection (three) of Rick grimes figures that are all totally clean... Does that seem right to you? No, of course it doesn't! Anyway, I was thinking along the lines of dry rushing his jeans to give him a warn, dusty look. What do you guys think? I'd love some ideas. Permanent ways to mark his jeans, I don't want it to rub off when I'm posing him.

Thanks!

Oh, and by the way, I don't actually know if this is the right area of the forum to post such a query. So feel free to move this post if need be, not that you need my permission.

For his shirt, I weathered it with sandpaper and needles to get it looking frayed and worn. I also used heavily watered down black acrylic paint to make the sweat stains. They're under his pits and on his back too. For the jeans, I literally took dirt and brushed it on there. The bottom of his pants have some lightly dry brushed "mud" paint on them as well. For the holes, take a needle and just work the hole bigger and bigger. If you poke from the inside out, it looks more realistic. Lightly sandpapering the knees and pocket areas help too.

Back