Customizing vs. retaining value

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a look because I was off Ebay for a long time.
I guess you can use credit cards now and Ebay basically demands access to the sellers actual bank account directly. Do you find that's easier for you? Safe? Just curious. I think I've bought like 3 tiny things off Ebay in the last 5 years or so using old PayPal balance I had left over.
--

eBay fees are high.

PayPal fees are high.

eBay have access to your bank account.

PayPal have access to your bank account.

Honest sellers get ****ed over by buyers who know how to game the system whether it's on eBay or PayPal.

eBay and PayPal report your earnings if past a certain dollar threshold to the IRS where in the past they didn't provided you're not a business account.

I wonder if accepting paper payment (i.e., cashiers check and money order) is going to make a comeback? Unlikely, but curious.

I tend to prefer my stuff box-fresh (again, unless the mods made are non-destructive and I wanted them anyway).

If I customize my own pieces, I either make sure it's something simple and reversible or I try to track down a second copy of that part so I have the original as a backup.

Back